After a few attempts, each months apart, to re-invigorate this little utility, I was sad when it seemed not to be working on my new (happens to be) Win 10 box.
Turns out, there was one of those aging problems where a couple of the old .Net files were missing from some versions of Windows, and probably many people collected them over the years, but each time I had tried, I was either too tired or else discouraged.
But it's up and running today, both on my main machine and an ancient ultra backup laptop!
But one day it may be interesting for someone to try a Version 2.0. Most notably, in the last couple of years, Chess.com has added automated downloads of games, but they come with timestamps that confuse this program!
Of course, for "serious" studying, the heavy duty players have either Chessbase or something else, but this was always meant for a quick dash of a few games to look over at lunch or dinner.
I ended up just playing after looking at a couple of the test games, but a quick fix might be something like a regex on the Chess.com or even a coding snack to slice out the timestamps.
More interesting as a Version 2.0 feature would be it can't handle commentary text, which simply vanishes. But I have no idea what specs from what or where I'd even want yet.
I'm just glad it's still usable with even my thin skills after all! So apparently it was fairly cleanly written after all! It has a .src file, which looks like source code.