topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:33 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: WinSendkeys: Latest version thread. Version 3.2.2.0, released 2018-11-04  (Read 45522 times)

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
WinSendKeys is not a hotkey program in itself, it's a command-line program to send a sequence of 1 or more keystrokes to another application.

It's main use-case (for me) is another of my tools, WinButtons, that provides on-screen buttons, optionally 'placed' on a touch-screen, to control applications that have a bunch of features kinda hidden behind (user-defined or not) hotkeys, that would be more easily controlled with a separate window of buttons, that can also hold text and/or an image stating it's function.
You can also create shortcuts anywhere (desktop, quick launch bar?) that sends a sequence of keys to an application, and optionally starts the application for you, if it's not already running. You can even assign a system-wide hotkey to that action :up:

Yes, documentation is rather technical, but there have been very few requests lately about this tool, so I've assumed everybody is happy... :-[
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 10:16 AM by Ath, Reason: link to WinButtons »

SleepingWolf

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for the quick reply

Yes, documentation is rather technical, but there have been very few requests lately about this tool, so I've assumed everybody is happy... :-[

I think you might have more people requesting help/features etc. if they could see a solid example of the tool in use. I'm still not sure about use-cases and if other people are unsure they probably wouldn't want to investigate without some sort of assurance that a) it won't hurt their system and b) it is fit for their purpose.

Yes, I know I'm just bleating and no help whatsoever! If I had the time I'd try and knock up some help-text you could incorporate in your web-page. Again though -the use of this seems too abstract (for me) at the moment...
I don't suppose you'd know if there was an app that could solve my problem (rather than using AHK which for me usually involves downloading sample code which spectacularly fails to work due to compatibility problems with the newest AHK version).
-------------------------------------------

Question everything, use a fact-checker.
Respect yourself and respect others.
Peace out!

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
After 7 years of silence on the WinSendKeys (releases) front, there now is an update:

Changes:
  • If the window (-w argument or from ini file) is not found, the ERRORLEVEL is set to 1 (by user request)
  • Re-compiled with the latest AutoIt3 compiler (v3.3.14.5), so it is up to par with all those modern OS versions :P

Get it from the first post in this thread.

I also updated the defunct links to the old DCMembers site, I should probably have updated a year ago... :-[
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 10:53 AM by Ath »

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
 :Thmbsup:

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A second update after 7 years of silence on the WinSendKeys (releases) front:

Changes:
  • Added -i <delay> and initialdelay ini-setting for inserting a milliseconds delay before sending anything to the window
  • Added -s <delay> and senddelay ini-setting for changing the default 5 msec delay between sending each character
  • Added -sd <delay> and senddowndelay ini-setting for changing the default 5 msec key-down delay for each character/key sent

Get it from the first post in this thread.