topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:01 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: The BitsDuJour Bundle  (Read 5699 times)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The BitsDuJour Bundle
« on: December 13, 2010, 09:08 AM »
http://www.bitsdujou...ndle/src=day/nfy=61/

10 Apps for $49.99.  Any thoughts or users of the products in question?

I'll start... I have EarthDesk (from a BDJ sale), and it was a cute distraction.  I used it for a few weeks, then moved on, so definitely not must have software.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: The BitsDuJour Bundle
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 10:05 AM »
Postworkshop Artists Edition, Aurora, Screen Calipers, BitDefender Antivirus 2011, Movavi Video Converter, EarthDesk, SoftMaker 38 Handwriting Fonts, LastPass, NTI Shadow backup, and TuneUp Gold.

I already have half of these programs,   :up:
but am aware that they never will be updated.  :down:
Nevertheless I think this is a pretty good offer.  :tellme:

$49.95 = 87% OFF  RETAIL $394.73
-Bits du Jour
2010-12-13_165646.GIF
Purchase This Week and get Screen Protractor for FREE!
2010-12-13_165924.GIF
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:08 AM by Curt »

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 10:05 AM »
I have a PostWorkShop license - but haven't looked at the software yet; that's a *distraction* for the future...  Also (somewhere) have an old freeware version of Aurora.  None of the other things much interested me.

Take a look at the Bits du Jour Dashboard at http://www.bitsdujour.com/previews though for their "Every-Day Deals."

I already posetd on Bits that I don't like the new page.  Gaudy, and breaks my RoboForm login.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 10:26 AM »
:) The Screen Calipers are Nico's! :)

I talked to Nico about a developer bundle. I'm waiting for that one. Could be sweet.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:28 AM by Renegade »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 10:27 AM »
I already have half of these programs,   :up:
but am aware that they never will be updated.  :down:

Which programs do you have?  What do you think of them?  And why won't they be updated (and for what updates are you waiting)?

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 11:34 AM »
The Screen Calipers are extreemly handy for all sorts of design stuff. I've been using them for years.

iconico

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 12:29 PM »
Hi DonationCoders!

Again thanks for supporting BDJ, we know that there are a lot of fans on here. So a lot of changes went up last night, and the big one is that we're now Mac & PC, with one of each every day, or a cross-platform app like we see with the bundle.

Yes we're already talking about a Developer bundle, that one will probably have to be platform specific. We are also featuring our every-day deals on the new Dashboard, expanding out the deals you can get at BDJ.

Just wanted to say thanks for the continued support.

Bamse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 12:56 PM »
I did not think much of this offer but a friend wanted to buy Bullguard which use Bitdefender AV. He will not use free security software. I managed to convince him BitDefender AV would be better, less is better for him ;) Thanks to those idiots at Roboform I needed Lastpass and have always wanted Earthdesk just because it looks coole so went ahead and bought the package. Have not installed all of it but as far as I can tell there are no special limits to licensing. No Giveaway small letter crap.

Can say so much that Aurora sucks (seems to be a big Adobe Air program) and that the apparently long due upgrade of Postworkshop will be free to existing users. Tuneup Gold is a lifetime license as are Screen Calipers + Screen Protractor (if you buy this week that one is free). Movavi, Earthdesk not, typical minor updates free, major not. If you look up Earthdesk on Youtube you find a couple of reviews, how it is, but the smart real time change of settings they do on Mac is not possible on Windows. Tray button is little use so less easy interaction. What I think some will go WOW about.

Be careful about downloads. Some of them seem to be available from Avangate only. Like the fonts, Movavi, I think 1 more. There is a limit of 3 download slots. Site for those fonts is here btw. http://www.softmaker.../english/hand_en.htm now Bitsdujor FORGOT to make easy to find LINKS! Those slots made me think they made special constructed exe files = limitations but so far I cannot see any.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:20 PM by Bamse »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 01:33 PM »
Aurora sucks

-no, she doesn't...

Yes, the basic idea is terrible - the photo manager part in particular,
but (some of) the editor part is excellent!

Bamse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 01:49 PM »
I honestly cant see a single positive feature about Aurora, subtle is the last word I would use to describe fixed slow working presets for basic image manipulation any online editor can do, not to forget Picasa. But good there is something for everyone in that package.

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 01:52 PM »
I did not think much of this offer but a friend wanted to buy Bullguard which use Bitdefender AV. He will not use free security software.
Convince him that MSE is payware (but cheap) and offer to buy & install it for him, then get a pack of beers for yourself? Or just plain beat some sense into him? :P
- carpe noctem

Bamse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 02:23 PM »
He is a fool with strong opinions so not easy to move. What I can do is take advantage of him. He will pay 20$ for BitDefender and be happy :) Ok deal for him, better for me.