topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:35 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for 99 cents  (Read 4927 times)

CWuestefeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for 99 cents
« on: December 06, 2010, 12:04 PM »
Good sale until Tuesday morning from Games For Windows. Get "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl" for $0.99. The deal is here: http://www.gamesforw...s.com/en-US/stalker/

It's a 3-year-old game, but at the time it got pretty good reviews, scoring around 8+ out of 10. Reviews here and here.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for 99 cents
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 03:37 PM »
Hard to argue with $0.99...I grabbed it.  Thanks for the heads up.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 11:23 PM »
Hard to argue with $0.99...I grabbed it.  Thanks for the heads up.

Ditto. :Thmbsup:

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 11:51 PM »
<rant mode=no where near Renegades' efforts>

I would have grabbed it except for Microsoft's $#^@$% up website.    :mad:

For some reason I had to go through the LiveID signup twice, entering the exact same information before it would acknowledge it and send the verification email.
Then when I've verified myself, I click on the link to buy the game and proceed to checkout - only to be told I should sign up for XBOX Live, even though I'm trying to log in with my newly acquired LiveID - and indeed have not logged out from when I verified myself.
When I try to log in it tells me there is a problem with logging me out!

Cleared the caches, run CCleaner, try IE on both the PC and in a VM - same sh!t.  Clear everything again, reboot and try for one last time.

An hour after I started this fiasco it finally acknowledges that I can log in, so off I go to the checkout to pay for it........only to find their #%$@&^%@%^ website now doesn't like the country I'm in!  ie. Marketplace doesn't like Australia even though it's in the list of countries that can use the download client.

How F***ING hard would it have been to announce it's not available for download in my country right on the F***ING first web page?

I really, really hope that someone drops a tactical nuke on Redmond - collateral damage be damned!
</rant>

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 12:16 AM »
i'm with 4wd here, GfWL sucks b*ll so hard! i can't buy anything from the Marketplace because i'm not in one of the countries that GfWL supports.. lol, what a joke..

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 12:34 AM »
I really, really hope that someone drops a tactical nuke on Redmond - collateral damage be damned!

Ouch!  Can you hold off until I get my bomb shelter ready?

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 01:39 AM »
<rant mode=no where near Renegades' efforts>

I would have grabbed it except for Microsoft's $#^@$% up website.    :mad:

For some reason I had to go through the LiveID signup twice, entering the exact same information before it would acknowledge it and send the verification email.
Then when I've verified myself, I click on the link to buy the game and proceed to checkout - only to be told I should sign up for XBOX Live, even though I'm trying to log in with my newly acquired LiveID - and indeed have not logged out from when I verified myself.
When I try to log in it tells me there is a problem with logging me out!

Cleared the caches, run CCleaner, try IE on both the PC and in a VM - same sh!t.  Clear everything again, reboot and try for one last time.

An hour after I started this fiasco it finally acknowledges that I can log in, so off I go to the checkout to pay for it........only to find their #%$@&^%@%^ website now doesn't like the country I'm in!  ie. Marketplace doesn't like Australia even though it's in the list of countries that can use the download client.

How F***ING hard would it have been to announce it's not available for download in my country right on the F***ING first web page?

</rant>

No. You're doing quite well~! :D

And...

A-f**king-men~!

Unfortunately, the Games for Windows Marketplace website is not available in your region.

I read the first post. Go off to get it but THIS time I use Australia instead of the US as that got hosed. So... Hosed as 4wd notes.

Should have read down further here first.

So, went back, used the "US" account. Got done up to the point to enter credit card info... JFC! How f**king hard is it to understand that it's possible to have credit cards in multiple countries~! I have cards and accounts in 6 countries, but no addressed one in the US. :( Who cares WHERE the money comes from?

Isn't it about getting the sale?

I've been through this a million times though. Buying online is simply hosed. It's one of the hardest things in the world to do. It's nigh unto impossible. There was another thread ranting about this...

Actually, it's not about buying online. That's not impossible. What's impossible is for most people that develop websites to have a brain and use it. Or it might be about people in human resource departments not having the intelligence to not hire people that are legally brain dead when they're looking for web people... Or perhaps it's at the executive/managerial level with directors that don't understand the idea that "selling" involved being able, and more importantly, willing to take money from people that want to give it to you. These people's mothers must have been oxygen deprived while they were pregnant with them... Otherwise they'd understand things like "money good".
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 02:48 AM »
Ouch!  Can you hold off until I get my bomb shelter ready?

Nope, you've been tarred with the same brush.

Parcel's in the post.....Mr B's gonna have an early Christmas present  >:D

Bet I just set off a few NSA alarm bells  ;D