topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 5:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Anone using CHS (+ maybe FARR) for URL favorite collection?  (Read 3300 times)

jeme

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Anone using CHS (+ maybe FARR) for URL favorite collection?
« on: November 28, 2010, 03:14 PM »
Since I'm jumping between different browsers and computers, I wonder what might be the best way to organize my "URL collection", i.e. to store all those URLs that I come across over time and find worth memorizing. Now I'm thinking of using CHS for this purpose, since it is independent of any browser and provides a pretty fast and easy access via shortcuts to store and recall the URLs.

Is anyone else doing this already and has some tips how to organize this in the best way? Or has anyone other tips in this direction? Actually, one question that I don't have a good answer for is how to keep such collections on different machines (in different networks) in synch. I do not really like the solutions that require a dedicate web service provider for this. Maybe using a USB stick in some way might be an option, even though I'm sure, I would forget it taking with me all the time...

And another thought (which is actually triggered by my laziness, I guess...): Is there a way to connect CHS and FARR, so that I could list or even call certain URLs stored in a child group in CHS by calling FARR and typing e.g. the group name or a part of the URL or clip name?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Anone using CHS (+ maybe FARR) for URL favorite collection?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 04:28 PM »
hi jeme,

there are two issues here really.

first is whether FARR can interface with CHS to let you search chs clips from farr.  that's been requested before and it's something i should probably implement as a plugin.

the second involves using CHS to manage your url collection.  i use CHS every day to manage my clipboard and keep history of items, and love it.  but i would not recommend it for that purpose.  there are some really nice standalone url manager tools that offer special features, like checking links for validitity, exporting to nice html pages, etc.  i think they would be more appropriate.  i think we've had some threads on recommendations of those tools and even some discounts..  perhaps others can remind us of the thread links or i will look more tomorrow.