topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Alternate pasting method not handling shift key  (Read 6515 times)

lrosenfeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Alternate pasting method not handling shift key
« on: November 18, 2010, 08:35 AM »
Hi I am a new user to CHS.  I am attempting to use the alternative pasting method and am noticing some odd behavior.  Capitalized letters are not being capitalized, and the symbol keys on the numeric keys are showing up as the number.  For example, $100 is coming through as 4100.  What am I doing wrong?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Alternate pasting method not handling shift key
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:17 AM »
Sounds like i need to check for and send shift key in those cases.

Can I clarify, are you using the {sendkeys} method to trigger alternate way of sending test (as described in the help file under "Advanced Features->Advanced Sendkeys Method")?

You are using a feature that has gone basically completely unused since I introduced it, so it's only been very lightly tested..

I will try to release an update in the next day or so with a bugfix.

lrosenfeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 11:38 AM »
Yes, I am using the {sendkeys} method.  I would have thought it would be more widely used.  By the way, I am a longtime Clipmate user who is converting to CHS partly because my enterprise anti virus and anti malware software thinks it is malware and won't let it execute.  That being the case, now that I see how much system resources Clipmate was consuming compared to CHS, I won't go back.  Is there any plan in the future for enhancing CHS to provide some more functionality similar to Clipmate's?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 11:50 AM »
CHS is actually already set up to do things like capture images and richtext, but i've hesitated in making the plunge to adding that code..

I'm always really happy to hear what people coming from ClipMate think are the high-priority items to add, so i'd love to hear your thoughts on that.

Btw as a workaround, you should be able to use +($100) to generate the shift versions of those letters until the update.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:55 AM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 02:30 PM »
Ok i think i've got the lowercase/uppercase $ and number thing fixed; will be in next update.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 03:33 PM »
Is there any plan in the future for enhancing CHS to provide some more functionality similar to Clipmate's?

Don't overlook CHS's ability to include your own scripts and external tools.  From the main screen, pick a clip and click Modify Format/Case to see the basic options, and it's from that screen that you get to the User Tools setup.

@mouser:  Not sure if this makes any sense - would it be an idea to make add a feature to {sendkeys} so that CHS could paste Clip X of Folder Y?  I wondered if that might help at all in the Auto-push/pull clipboarder? thread.

lrosenfeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 07:21 AM »
After quick paste, the most common clipmate functionality I use is auto paste.  Copy several items in a row, invoke quick paste, select the entry that starts the series and start pasting until you hit the top.  Most common use is filling out name and address, though it also comes in handy while cloning code.