topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: not starting minimized  (Read 5774 times)

alexp

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Is cheese the plural of choose?????
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
not starting minimized
« on: February 06, 2006, 09:19 PM »
Hey mouser,

I'm using the new version of CH+S and have checked the boxes for it to start with windows and to start minimized.

However whenever I start windows CH+S starts but it starts un-minimized, also when I view the options both the start with windows and start minimized boxes are unchecked.

Any ideas what the problem could be???
Why is it that writers write, but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce, and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So, one moose, 2 meese? One index, two indices? Is cheese the plural of choose?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: not starting minimized
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 12:08 AM »
hmm..
so this is new behavior with this version? i really didn't change anything but it sounds like its not finding or saving its settings.  try this, change the settings as you want them (start with windows and start minimized), and then fully exit the program (i.e. choose exit from the tray menu).  then restart.  see if your settings are saved, if so, restart windows and see if it works now.  if settings arent saved, it could be directory persmissions.

alexp

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Is cheese the plural of choose?????
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 01:57 PM »
That seems to work mouser, after closing the program from the tray the settings got saved.

Must be something like windows is ending the program before it could write the file I guess (you will probably know more than I do about things like that :))
Why is it that writers write, but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce, and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So, one moose, 2 meese? One index, two indices? Is cheese the plural of choose?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 02:05 PM »
YEP.  my screenshot captor program had exact same problem; i will fix it.