topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:01 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DClock 2  (Read 6482 times)

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DClock 2
« on: February 06, 2006, 06:39 AM »
I am currently developing a small app as a tray clock replacement, mainly because I want one too. I keep my taskbar hidden and needed something that is easy to read.

You can download a beta of my freeware clock at my site. Keep in mind it's a beta and I am still working on it. Keep checking back from time to time to get the latest version of it.

features currently include:
  • always on top
  • customizeable size
  • customizable colors
  • option to remove tray clock
  • stopwatch
  • countdown timer
  • hourly chime
  • ToDo List
  • small utility to aid in making alphabetical lists
  • display system uptime
  • date as tooltip
  • copy date to clipboard
  • copy system uptime to clipboard
  • copy current time to clipboard
  • can not accidently be dragged off the screen
  • remembers user settings
  • remembers where on the screen you placed it on last run
  • menu accessable by right clicking either clock or tray icon

http://www.appsapps.info/dclock2.php

Thanks app103, sounds promising! I didn't test it (yet), if anyone else wants to do it in here feel free :)

Also, since it isn't on http://fileforum.betanews.com/ (yet?), you can use this thread to notify us about new versions/features of your program.

Could you perhaps add a screenshot of the options? And how much RAM does it need? CPU load should be low, right?

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DClock 2
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 01:30 AM »
Thanks! Things are slow going with this project, as I am technically a newbie programmer and still have much to learn. I add things to it as I learn how.

I don't think I want to put it on betanews.com....not this project. It's more of a personal thing I made out of necessity that I chose to share with the world.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DClock 2
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 09:12 AM »
Could you perhaps add a screenshot of the options? And how much RAM does it need? CPU load should be low, right?
-brotherS

The options are all on a popup menu that can be accessed by either right clicking the clock itself or the tray icon.

This was developed initially on a 233mhz P1 with only 64mb ram running WinME...for use on that pc. So it wouldn't have been much use to me if it was a resource hog. All applications I develop must be able to run on that pc or it isn't acceptable according to my standards. Although your mileage may vary.

Added some new features recently:

I got rid of the color list and added a color picker. You can select any color you want now...no limits.  :D

Also updated the StopWatch in it...added a global hotkey to start/pause/resume.
Just hit Ctrl-Shift-F9.

If you run more than 1 instance of the StopWatch, only the first one will be able to use the global hotkey.

http://www.appsapps.info/dclock2.php

Enjoy!