topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:07 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: 7 inch touchscreen  (Read 50700 times)

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
7 inch touchscreen
« on: June 24, 2010, 11:51 AM »
LOl, ok so yea i really fell in love with circle dock . .so much so is im buying a 7 inch touch screen monitor in order to put circle dock on so i can aceess all my stuff at a press of a button. Think ittl work. anyone ever test CD with a touch screen.

***update***
http://www.amazon.co...isplay/dp/B002QFP4Z8

this is a mini usb touchscreeni found for cheap hopefully ittl work if not BACK TO THE INTERWEBS WITH IT
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:01 PM by christofarian »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: 7 inch touchscreen
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 11:53 AM »
this is a very cool idea.. i can't wait to hear how it goes.  let us know!

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 12:27 PM »
you guys think the rotation would work correctly on a touchscreen?

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 05:48 PM »
I see no reason that it should not work properly.
I do know of a couple of folks running CD on 10in Netbooks and it runs just fine ;)

I do not know for certain if CD will "Spin" on a touchscreen, but all other functionality should be in place

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 07:19 PM »
I was jsut thinking about the spinning . . is there anyway to change the spinning option to another key other then the mouse scroll wheel . . like a left mouse hold

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 07:34 PM »
I was jsut thinking about the spinning . . is there anyway to change the spinning option to another key other then the mouse scroll wheel . . like a left mouse hold
-christofarian (June 24, 2010, 07:19 PM)

Not at this time  :-[

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 07:04 PM »
Here ya guys go check it out

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 07:09 PM »
That video brought a huge smile to my face. thank you for taking the time to record and post it.  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

And that is a VERY cool way to use Circle Dock !
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:12 PM by mouser »

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 07:27 PM »
Oh no problem thank everyonewho designed circle dock . . i love you all . . and what cool about this touch screen is tha tit flips closed andi can use it as a second monitor for circle dock on my netbook or laptop.

Archon of Fate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 07:55 PM »
 :o this is amazing! tempted to find one of those touch screens   :P

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 08:25 PM »
Ooohhh......AAAhhhhhhhh......

This is great christofarian

A few things:
1.) When you get a chance, see if you can get a screen capture of the error and post it here so that we can have a better look
2.) Can you supply us with more information on this monitor????
3.) I may have come up with an idea that covers the requests of ~~Spin by Touch~~
I will have to run this by Markham to see about the feasibility of such a concept, but may also be a joiner concept for another idea I am currently brainstorming.......

Mwwwwhahahahahahahaaaaaa  :onfire:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 08:33 PM »
i think maybe we should try to arrange a mini-fundraiser to raise $400 so sgtevmckay and Markham (and of course Eric Wong if he shows his head) can have their own Mimo touch screens, assuming that is something you two would like to have?  They are $199 each.

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 08:39 PM »
i think maybe we should try to arrange a mini-fundraiser to raise $400 so sgtevmckay and Markham (and of course Eric Wong if he shows his head) can have their own Mimo touch screens, assuming that is something you two would like to have?  They are $199 each.

I was just thinking of buying one, but found at $150 -/+ on Amazon...a bit out of budget at the moment.
Yes I'd enjoy having one  :Thmbsup:

At Amazon, best price with shipping and handling:
http://www.amazon.com/UM-720S-Screen-Powered-Swivel-Display/dp/B002QFP4Z8/ref=pd_cp_e_1

Also....even if Markham created the code, he has no way to Troubleshoot code, as he has no touchscreen as well :(

I like the fundraiser idea, but you know how this makes me nervous to ask for anything  :-[
Donationcoder as a community already does so much  :Thmbsup:

That being said; I would not say no  :-*
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 09:43 PM by sgtevmckay »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 08:52 PM »
ok i do see it on amazon for about $150 each, so we just need to raise $300 total for each of you two to get one.

on behalf of DC i will pledge the first half of that ($150) using donationcredits sent to sgtevmckay, so we just need to get another $150 raised by DC and CircleDock users.

everyone reading this who uses circledock send sgtevmckay a few donationcredits and let's get that second $150 raised by mid/end july!

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 09:47 PM »
Ok...best deal I see is here:
http://www.amazon.co...QFP4Z8/ref=pd_cp_e_1

Price plus S&H to me is $330 (rounded up)
I would then insure/ship to Markham, and I have no idea what that will cost, but am mostly unconcerned.

I will put up the $25 that I have in my DC account

That brings us about half way there -/+

Let's see what we can do ;)

Thanks Mouser

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 10:27 PM »
ive created monsters . . . lol  . .as soon as the error comes up again i will SS it and post it.  and sgt its a mimo 720-s  . . make sure its a 720-s cause the 710 is none touch screen . . also this touch screen acts like a tablet pc so it uses your nomral mouse icon so when you click ur gnna have to bring your mouse icon back to another screen . . i jsut put my mimo 720-s under my main monitor so by the time everything is open my mouse is aslready back . . any other questions about this monitor feel free to ask . . i do have a 25 % personal reviewer code i can send one of the admins if need be . . i sent them an email saying i was a personal reviewer of electronics and to send me a free review unit . .witch they are in september when they get soem more, but in the meantime they gave me a coupon code . . only prob is its from the manufactoerer only  . .and its 200 bux form there and only 158 on amazon where i got it . . so amazon wouldnt take this 25% coupon. but if you guys dfo order em from the manufactere let me know.

also after playing wiht it for a few hours i notice that circle docks icons move around a lot on this touchscreen maybe a locking function . .when i try and tap an icon sometimes it think im draging it off or just wiggle a lil.

i attached that error

wow jsut watched that video i sound so high . . i totally wasnt though lol
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 10:37 PM by christofarian »

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 11:34 PM »
I don't use CircleDock but I kicked in $10 anyway.   :D

Archon of Fate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 01:28 AM »
here's a 710s unit

http://www.amazon.co...277792597&sr=1-2

this one has ones priced at around $139.00

hope this helps  :-[

as for a donation... i'll work on it. have to set up a paypal (which I have to learn how  :P) and what not

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 04:35 AM »
circledock isn't really my thing either - but i like the concept - and the touchscreen experiment.

should i donate to someone directly, or just tell mouser to pass them on?

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 05:52 AM »
Ooohhh......AAAhhhhhhhh......

This is great christofarian
Oh dear, the Sarge has got too excited again, this bodes ill for me  :P.

1.) When you get a chance, see if you can get a screen capture of the error and post it here so that we can have a better look
I've seen the screen capture, what exactly were you doing immediately prior to that error message appearing, Christofarian? I can see you were changing a setting - which setting?

3.) I may have come up with an idea that covers the requests of ~~Spin by Touch~~
I will have to run this by Markham to see about the feasibility of such a concept, but may also be a joiner concept for another idea I am currently brainstorming.......

Mwwwwhahahahahahahaaaaaa  :onfire:
I may have to prolong my holiday in cold, wet Wales and not return to the hot paradise I call home :P.

Mark

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 06:29 AM »
i think maybe we should try to arrange a mini-fundraiser to raise $400 so sgtevmckay and Markham (and of course Eric Wong if he shows his head) can have their own Mimo touch screens, assuming that is something you two would like to have?  They are $199 each.
ok i do see it on amazon for about $150 each, so we just need to raise $300 total for each of you two to get one.

on behalf of DC i will pledge the first half of that ($150) using donationcredits sent to sgtevmckay, so we just need to get another $150 raised by DC and CircleDock users.

everyone reading this who uses circledock send sgtevmckay a few donationcredits and let's get that second $150 raised by mid/end july!
Mouser, you've finally done it - you've made me speechless!

I am truly grateful to you for your fantastic generosity, believe me. However there are some practical issues in my case which, if I explain, you will understand my reasoning for declining your most generous offer.

Firstly, do I need such a device in order for me to support it? The answer is clearly "no", Circle Dock works fine on it as demonstrated by Christofarian's video.

Secondly, as the Sarge knows - and you may know - I have chosen to escape the rat-race and no longer live in the UK, my homeland. I in fact live on Cebu in the Philippines and that in itself presents three problems as far as this device is concerned. The first of these is that I'm unlikely to even receive it unless it is sent by secure courier and even then it could well be damaged on arrival (Customs inspection). Secondly, it's likely to attract 100% ad valorum Import Duty as it will originate from the US which is outside the ASEAN area which has a lower tariff. But, perhaps more importantly, the device is designed to be used in the US and requires 110v, 60Hz in which case it won't work in the Philippines where we have 200-240v, 60Hz.

I am having a whole new web site designed and developed for Circle Dock and if Christofarian would care to prepare a "case study" together with some good still photographs (as PNG images), I'll have it included.

Thank you again, Mouser - and DC - for this fantastic offer! Perhaps you would consider donating "my" unit as a prize for the winner of the NANY Challenge.

Mark
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 06:38 AM by Markham »

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 09:37 AM »
As soon as i get home i will make up a full tutorial on installation for windows 7 64bit with .png images. also this program needs to be tweeked for touchscreens or some things added or taken out . . here are a few jsut form my experiance. . i will follow these up with videos of the actuall probs

1. Grab and spin . . .on a touchscreen the spin function is completly unuseable. the program that controls the touch screen only allows the touching of the  the screen act like the left or through a special setting the right mouse click. a left click hold would be an awsome improvement, maybe with an overspin would be a cool efect almost like scrolling through your itunes album library.

2.Would you like to remove this icon. . . . sometime touching smaller icons will result in a box coming up saying would you like to remove this icon, basically cause touching kind of drags it a little bit for some reason, mainly because when you touch it, its like holding down the left mouse button so if you move to quickly it drags the icon off the Circle dock. once again i will show vids when i get home. to solve this maybe a lock option that will never allow you to remove your icons  . . . basically they wont move at all like even if you did click hold and drag or do anythign accidental like that.

Those are the only 2 i can think of right now i was having problems with as well as the error i posted earlier. . . like i said when i get home ill do a whole write up (that i will actually spell check lol) post pics and another vid explaining what i would love to see this program do . . i really enjoy this program and want it to be touchscreen compatable.

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 09:40 AM »
I've seen the screen capture, what exactly were you doing immediately prior to that error message appearing, Christofarian? I can see you were changing a setting - which setting?

That error came about when jsut clicking on an icon it happends maybe 2 out out every 20 clicks on my circle dock weather it be on my touchscreen or my normal screen.

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 01:04 PM »
I don't use CircleDock but I kicked in $10 anyway.   :D

Thanks so much  ;D

The Sarge

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 01:08 PM »
circledock isn't really my thing either - but i like the concept - and the touchscreen experiment.

should i donate to someone directly, or just tell mouser to pass them on?

The Donation pool is being made directly to my Donation account

Thanks in advance