topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 5:00 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Circle Dock - Confirmaton before deleting icons  (Read 5116 times)

mmcd

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Circle Dock - Confirmaton before deleting icons
« on: May 07, 2010, 12:21 AM »
Is it possible to get Circle Dock to prompt for confirmation when deleting icons as it seems far to easy to remove icons from the dock. I often think I am clicking on a dock icon, when instead the motion of my mouse is seen as a drag and the icon is then removed from dock. The only way I have found around this is to put Circle Dock in Kiosk Mode, which prevents any alterations at all. A confirmation dialogue would be much appreciated.

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
Re: Circle Dock - Confirmaton before deleting icons
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 02:42 AM »
I will look into adding a confirmation dialog as an option. It is not until you release the left mouse button that Circle Dock decides on what action to take. If you have moved the mouse off the dock, you will have dragged a Dock Item off the Dock and it will be removed. Try to release the left button before moving the mouse!

Mark

mmcd

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 02:14 PM »
OK. Thanks. I will bare your advice in mind but I think it's the machine which is kind of slow so can sometimes be playing catchup when I am running several apps. Perhaps a bit more patience on my part is needed. It may be even better to have the option to only allow deletion via the context menu instead of the having the confirmation dialogue. Which ever option is easiest to implement would be greatly appreciated.

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 02:43 PM »
You also have the option to Password and lock down your Circle Dock.
In Dock Settings> General> Kiosk Mode

Add a password, and lock yourself down, draw back, to access or change anything, must unlock Circle Dock.

Just an option to consider  :Thmbsup:

mmcd

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 12:59 AM »
The only way I have found around this is to put Circle Dock in Kiosk Mode, which prevents any alterations at all.

Thanks, but that is what I have been using. The Kiosk mode is a bit of an overkill for general users of a single user PC/Laptop. A simple right click on the taskbar/notification area icon or circle dock itself with a lock/unlock option would suffice.

Anyway thanks for considering my requests and if whilst you're at it could you look to add some colour or border to the circle dock icon.

Circle Dock - Icon.png

Looking at it the icon in the at the moment it is almost like it's in stealth mode. Be bold, be proud you've got a fantastic app, so shout about it.  :Thmbsup: