topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:30 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Greetings and a Tablet PC question. :)  (Read 5652 times)

MacDaddy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Greetings and a Tablet PC question. :)
« on: May 13, 2010, 02:57 AM »
First off, hello!  I just discovered this great program a couple of hours ago, and have already installed it and tested a few settings.
And after scouring the forum, I have a question that I could not find an answer to:
Can we enter keyboard hot keys into CD?  Example.  As a tablet PC user, I can touch the screen and bring up CD, then touch my photoshop icon to bring up Photoshop.  But once in photoshop, it would be AWESOME to be able to quickly access photoshop specific hot keys.
If this is not directly possible, has anyone figured a work around?  Perhaps macro based? My first thought is to use autohotkey and create a hotkey macro for each command I want, and then make it into an .exe file.  But this could quickly get tedious.

If CD could do it inherently, CD could be the ultimate God-sent touch based software for ALL tablet PC users!!

Hmmm... on that note, I bet the combined abilities of autohotkey to make .exe based macros and the display/ergonomics of CD could prove an incredibly powerful combination.  People could create and share .exe macros for volume control, hotkeys, etc etc and launch them all from CD!

Thank you and hello again. :)

MacDaddy
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 04:28 AM by MacDaddy »

MacDaddy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Greetings and a Tablet PC question. :)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 05:00 PM »
**Listens to crickets**  :eusa_boohoo:

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 04:10 AM »
Could you clarify:

> As a tablet PC user, I can touch the screen and bring up CD, then touch my photoshop icon to bring up Photoshop.  But once in photoshop, it would be AWESOME to be able to quickly access photoshop specific hot keys.

once in Photoshop you can obviously use Photoshop shortcuts - you must mean some other keys - but to do what exactly?

You say 'Photoshop specific' - if it's not directly related to Circle Dock, you will have a better response posing in the Coding Snacks Forum.

Coding Snacks
| | |-+  Post New Requests Here:-
https://www.donation...index.php?board=71.0
Tom

MacDaddy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 08:09 AM »
I appreciate your writing, but I am unsure what to clarify.  Yes, my question was in regards to Circle Dock (CD) with photoshop, but the ability of having CD launch hot keys with a click of an icon could be used universally.  As I stated, being a TABLET user, using CD to "launch" hotkeys in photoshop was my "example".

My Quote - "Can we enter keyboard hot keys into CD?  Example.  As a tablet PC user, I can touch the screen and bring up CD, then touch my photoshop icon to bring up Photoshop.  But once in photoshop, it would be AWESOME to be able to quickly access photoshop specific hot keys.

So yes.  this is DIRECTLY related to Circle Dock.

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 08:46 AM »
So to use Circle Dock within applications, not just to launch them?

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 12:20 PM »
I can see the obvious attraction of having the functionality of AHK within Circle Dock. You could then separate all your applications into Dock Folders and within each folder there'd be the icon to launch the application and other icons which are effectively AutoHotKey scripts. That'd mean having a good part of AHK within Circle Dock as well as a script editor/debugger. That I'm afraid is beyond Circle Dock's design remit.

But as you have said, you can create executable versions of your AHK scripts and place them on the Dock.

Mark

MacDaddy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 05:02 PM »
DaddyDave - Exactly, yes. :)

Mark - Yes, being able to simply touch an icon to run a hot key would be far better than having to run a virtual keyboard. You follow exactly what I was asking. :)

Ok.  Well I figured it was well out of scope currently, but didn't realize that it was beyond realistic possibility.  Thanks very much for replying and clarifying! :)