topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:40 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Steam Sale: 50% off Guild Wars Trilogy  (Read 20973 times)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Steam Sale: 50% off Guild Wars Trilogy
« on: April 29, 2010, 09:57 PM »
Celebrate the Guild Wars 5th Anniversary with 50% off the entire Guild Wars series this week only.

If you don't know, Guild Wars is an MMORPG without a monthly subscription cost. Once you buy the game you're free to play it.

You can get the whole trilogy for $20 USD or if you already own one (or two) of the games you can buy them individually but at a higher total cost: Guild Wars: Game of the Year Edition is $10, while Factions and Nightfall are $15 each.

If you have it or get it, let me know. It would be fun to party up with some fellow DC members.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 01:17 PM by Deozaan »

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Steam Sale: 50% off Guild Wars Trilogy
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 12:19 PM »
Guild wars is probably the most mileage I have ever had in a game for the money  :Thmbsup:

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 10:36 AM »
This would be very tempting (to team up and play an MMO with some DC members), but I just got drawn into Dragon Age: Origins (I know! I know! I'm behind on my game playing!). Otherwise, I'd be seriously be considering buying in.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 03:52 PM »
Buy now play later!

The lack of subscription fees allows you to do that. :)

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 07:14 AM »
Buy now play later!

:: stares at his already mountainous buy-now-play-later stack of games ::

I better pass on this one. I haven't even finished Fallout 3 yet. :(

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 07:52 AM »
I better pass on this one. I haven't even finished Fallout 3 yet.
then you wouldn't want to know about the latest spin-off: Fallout: New Vegas.  ;D

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 09:28 AM »
Buy now play later!

:: stares at his already mountainous buy-now-play-later stack of games ::

I better pass on this one. I haven't even finished Fallout 3 yet. :(

We could compare stacks, and I'm pretty sure you would be a paragon compared to me :)

• Dragon Age: Origins
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Borderlands
  • Fallout 3
  • Warhammer DOW II

And that's just off the top of my head.

So get it... you know you want to :)

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 10:17 PM »
then you wouldn't want to know about the latest spin-off: Fallout: New Vegas.  ;D

Oh, I know about it...which is why I'm so sad....gotta finish F3 before I can even think about going to Vegas.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 10:20 PM »
We could compare stacks, and I'm pretty sure you would be a paragon compared to me :)

No, I made a promise to myself....got about 20 games over here & I have to work my way through some of them....then there's all the games I have my eye on I don't even have yet like Divine Divinity's sequel that I can't remember the name of at the moment.

Dragon Age: Origins is proving to be quite enjoyable. It plays out quite like a big budget Hollywood movie that you are a part of...

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 10:33 PM »
I've just decided not to worry about finishing games- if I do, then it's an accomplishment.  Makes me feel a bit better about my stack. :)

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 07:14 AM »
I've just decided not to worry about finishing games- if I do, then it's an accomplishment.  Makes me feel a bit better about my stack. :)

I can totally understand that philosophy, but I have a feeling I need to finish Dragon Age:Origins as the ending is probably going to be epic...same way with Fallout 3. Sacred 2: Blood & Ice, however, my motivation to finish is really starting to wane.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 04:34 AM »
Sacred 2: Blood & Ice, however, my motivation to finish is really starting to wane.

Is that an expansion of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel? I can hardly stand that game if only for the fact that my character won't ever shut up and stop saying the same annoying (and badly/awkwardly phrased English) sentences over and over!

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 08:19 AM »
If you have it or get it, let me know. It would be fun to party up with some fellow DC members.

Well, I was going to let you know... it appears that they added an extra layer of security that you have to name a toon on your account when you login.  Who was the genius that came up with that idea?  It's been literally years since I've played.  And NCSoft hasn't responded yet to my pleas for assistance.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 06:17 PM »
Yeah, it's happened to lots of people. They will get back to you. It took them a few days to get back to my brother about the same issue.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 09:27 PM »
Is that an expansion of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel?

Yes...one new character class (Dragon Mage), two new areas to explore, and tons of new items for all classes. The only reason I still play is some of the quests are so unique (the Star Wars references in one, the Christmas & Easter quests, etc.).

And as for the character 'chatter', there's an option in preferences to minimize/eliminate it.

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 06:56 AM »
I never forgot the names of my characters - but then I played with an RP guild, so my characters have a life of their own

And if it comes to unplayed games list size, i bet i beat everyone...  :'(
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:59 AM by iphigenie »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 05:50 PM »
There aren't many games I bought that I never played, but there sure are a lot that I haven't finished. :-[

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 08:30 PM »
I never forgot the names of my characters - but then I played with an RP guild, so my characters have a life of their own

And if it comes to unplayed games list size, i bet i beat everyone...  :'(

I'll take that bet :)  That's sort of the reason that I forget some names... some MMOs I bought, and played for a month or less.  I've played just about every MMO out there (and bought more than that)...

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 09:38 PM »
There aren't many games I bought that I never played, but there sure are a lot that I haven't finished. :-[

i too have reluctantly accepted that i'm a collector as well as a player, given the long list of unplayed games. oh, look a new game..

lanux128 wanders off

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2010, 09:42 AM »

And if it comes to unplayed games list size, i bet i beat everyone...  :'(

I'll take that bet :)  That's sort of the reason that I forget some names... some MMOs I bought, and played for a month or less.  I've played just about every MMO out there (and bought more than that)...

You certainly will win on the MMO front, I have only played a small number: WoW, Guild Wars, WAR, Runes of Magic and Dofus - ah no, I bought Fallen Earth and never started it, due to a crazy work project this winter that started right after I bought it . Let's hope it still exists this summer when i might have time

This was the situation in 2007 http://iphi.net/inde...t_buy_any_new_games/

Anyway, here’s the summary:
New: 3
Actively playing: 6
Finished or nearly finished: 17
Not played enough: 55
Gave up on: 150+

since then I would have added about 50, between bargain bins, digital distribution (steam, impulse, gamers gate, direct2drive,  and gog.com) and direct from developers

A more up to date partial list http://iphi.net/inde..._buy_any_more_games/  

I keep meaning to update it as soon as I refresh/rebuild the side... hasnt happened yet, i cringe when i have to go near HTML or css these days

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 10:45 AM »
That's an interesting idea- I think I'll do the same on my blog.  (Of course, I could be playing during that time, but that would make too much sense LOL )

UPDATE: So a partial list for me is now at http://wraith808.com/blog/?p=36.  This is only my PC games, and only those purchased since 1/1/2009 (to go any older would probably make me ill...)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 11:45 AM by wraith808 »

p3lb0x

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Beer, beer, beer, I'm going for a beer!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2010, 04:56 PM »
My god, you people are nutters. Why do you keep buying games when you have so many old ones to pick from? I can understand wanting to save money by buying stuff that is on sale. But think of all the money you would have saved if you had played what you already own.
Stop mousering people so much - Mouser
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:53 PM by p3lb0x »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2010, 05:15 PM »
I guess my list of unplayed/hardly played games has grown since I've gotten Steam, what with their frequent sales.

There are only two games in my list that I haven't played at all since I bought them--Overlord 2 and Half Life 2: Episode 1--but that's because I was waiting until I finished the Overlord 1 and replayed Half Life 2 before moving on to the sequels.

I did make it through HL2 again without yet moving on to Episode 1, but I have not completed Overlord 1, and it's one of those games that I may never do so, simply because "I've moved on" since then. Not that the game was bad or anything.

Anyway, p3lb0x has a point. I often think to myself I shouldn't buy any more games until I finish all the ones I've purchased, but then comes along another Steam sale and something I've had my eye on (for years, perhaps) is only $5 and I can't resist buying it. Especially if it is multiplayer and I have a friend or family member who is also getting it.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2010, 07:08 PM »
i'm with Deozaan here. you can't blame me if Psychonauts or AvP Classic goes on sale for $2. :D (i'm looking at you Steam).

plus i also purchase indie games as a show of support for indie games devs, such as Braid, World of Goo, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Machinarium, Killing Floor and the most recent - Humble Indie Bundle.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2010, 07:58 PM »
<snip />
...but then comes along another Steam sale and something I've had my eye on (for years, perhaps) is only $5 and I can't resist buying it. Especially if it is multiplayer and I have a friend or family member who is also getting it.

+1.  Heck, +1000 :)