topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 5:24 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Looking for two movies  (Read 3923 times)

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Looking for two movies
« on: December 10, 2009, 09:30 AM »
Hi,

I just read the thread below regarding a SF moving one DC member was looking for.  Likewise, I have been looking for quite some time for two different movies I saw while being very young (a long time ago  :D  ).  Both were in B/W I think.

1/ the first one is a spy/thriller movie where a character is abducted or forced into a questioning chamber at the bottom of a big starway.  When he returns with friends / or the police/ the stairs are missing one level so he cannot prove the abduction.  I know it looks like a bit like Hitchcock's North by NW but it's something else !

2/ The second one is, AFAIR, a movie made in an eastern country (Tchekoslovakia ?) in the 60s or earlier.  It takes place in a school for young children that are particularly violent between themselves.  One of them is even killed at the end of the movie, and the little monsters are just waiting for the new schoolboys that will arrive the year after, that will become their next victims.  Quite a difficult movie !

I'd be very happy if someone recognizes them.
.merle1.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Looking for two movies
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 01:32 AM »
2/ The second one is, AFAIR, a movie made in an eastern country (Tchekoslovakia ?) in the 60s or earlier.  It takes place in a school for young children that are particularly violent between themselves.  One of them is even killed at the end of the movie, and the little monsters are just waiting for the new schoolboys that will arrive the year after, that will become their next victims.  Quite a difficult movie !

Perhaps this: Respublika SHKID ?

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 02:02 AM »
Perhaps this: Respublika SHKID ?

Thanks !  It may be the one !  The synopsis describes something rather positive in the end, while I remember a very bitter end, but it is definitely worth trying to get it and view it...  

I think there is somewhere a website proposing public domain movies for download (I got there Rashomon from Kurosawa in MPEG2!, if only I can find it again...).
.merle1.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 02:10 AM »
No problem, a few minutes spent in IMDB produced it as a likely candidate between the years 1930-1970.

The other is a little harder, no other details?

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 03:12 AM »
No, sorry !  I don't think it was a sci-fi movie.
.merle1.