topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:53 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Circle Dock v0.9.2.7 is now released!  (Read 13871 times)

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
Circle Dock v0.9.2.7 is now released!
« on: October 23, 2009, 04:21 AM »
You can now download Version 0.9.2.7 which contains all the changes noted in this Topic.

If you're using an older version - and in particular Alpha 8 or earlier - then you really should get this upgrade!

New Version: * SetupCircleDock.zip (7554.27 kB - downloaded 672 times.) (Refreshed 28 October)

Enjoy!

Edit: I have had to remove the original download link as the dcmembers site is no longer accessible for me - therefore I'm unable to upload there.
Mark
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:55 AM by Markham »

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Circle Dock v0.9.2.7 is now released!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 05:34 AM »
Thanks Markham.
But I have some bug  :(:
 - Links not works again. I must use my solution for some program (example pcsx2) or the program starts in CD directory and not in its own.
 - Reordering is great but when I order alphabetically and then cancel a message window appear behind the order one and it's impossible to move forward. Simply I have pressed enter but and the message disappear.

A request for next release: can you add the new string in language file to traslate? Thanks

I see the shape panel and I hope you find soon a way to use the others.  :D :D :D
Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 12:29 PM »
But I have some bug  :(:
 - Links not works again. I must use my solution for some program (example pcsx2) or the program starts in CD directory and not in its own.
Ah! Now I understand the problem! You're quite right, Circle Dock is not setting the "Working Directory" and so Windows uses the default which is the current (ie Circle Dock's directory). I've fixed that issue.

Reordering is great but when I order alphabetically and then cancel a message window appear behind the order one and it's impossible to move forward. Simply I have pressed enter but and the message disappear.
Good catch and fixed.

A request for next release: can you add the new string in language file to traslate?
Now that 0.9.2.7 is released, I will go through the sources and make sure all the string texts are externalised ready for the next release.

I see the shape panel and I hope you find soon a way to use the others.
New shapes - Ellipse and Line - is planned to appear in Circle Dock Version 1.0; however we want to iron-out all the bugs in what we have now before we introduce a whole bunch of new code.

Mark

[/quote]

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 04:05 AM »
Rigel,

I've updated the download with a new Circle Dock executable which clears the problems you reported. Please redownload from the link given above.

Mark

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 05:21 AM »
Great,
Markham you are very very fast :) :)
Now I'll try :)
Thanks

edit: Perfect, now links works and the message window is on top :) :) :)
Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 05:31 AM by Rigel »

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 03:58 AM »
Excuse me but I found an other bug:
In "Setting -> Visibility -> Hide Dock After Opening Files/Folders" if I active the option it does not be saved but if I change manually in config file works.

An important request: I use more CD, one for game, one for Programming, one for my girlfriend and a main for all. To switch or activate I use autohotkey icon in main CD and in RocketDock. Today I change my girlfriend CD with the new version but I have many error in startup and in exit. Markham can you add multiple instances. A setting panel with a list to change between the settings and a new tab with a creation panel and a menu option to add switch icon.
An other request if you add multiple instances, you can calculate the CD range and with an other instance open a folder in a CD in the same position of previus but with a greater range so we can have circumcenter navigation. Wooowwwww  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 12:22 PM »
Excuse me but I found an other bug:
In "Setting -> Visibility -> Hide Dock After Opening Files/Folders" if I active the option it does not be saved but if I change manually in config file works.
Found and fixed - thanks!

An important request: I use more CD, one for game, one for Programming, one for my girlfriend and a main for all. To switch or activate I use autohotkey icon in main CD and in RocketDock. Today I change my girlfriend CD with the new version but I have many error in startup and in exit. Markham can you add multiple instances. A setting panel with a list to change between the settings and a new tab with a creation panel and a menu option to add switch icon.
An other request if you add multiple instances, you can calculate the CD range and with an other instance open a folder in a CD in the same position of previus but with a greater range so we can have circumcenter navigation. Wooowwwww  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Multiple instances? Hmmm, unlikely at this stage, I'm afraid. Circle Dock is a single-instance application for a very good reason!

Switching Docks? Well, let's just say that's an interesting idea which is implementable but to keep things reasonably sane, all Docks would share common properties (the Config.Ini settings). I'll give that some thought.

As for your third request, it relies on multiple instance support which is not planned.

Mark

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 01:01 PM »
With the old portable version, it used to be possible to run multiple instances by using multiple folders. Hotkeys needed to be configured differently, of course, but they did work happily enough since all the settings were contained in their own folder.

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 03:14 PM »
Right, also new version works but for startup needs to put in autostart folder and to close (rarely) you can use process explorer. Now I have 2 older eclipse version and 2 new version :)

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 01:05 AM »
The error on close "release mutex" doesn't Windows to shutdown automatically.  :(

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 05:17 AM »
The error on close "release mutex" doesn't Windows to shutdown automatically.  :(
That's a side-effect of using a mutex, I'm afraid.

Circle Dock creates a mutex (which is a unique identifier) when it loads and that mutex remains active all the time Circle Dock is running - visible or not. Circle Dock releases the mutex when it unloads itself from memory. The mutex is there as a marker for its installer and uninstaller programs which will prompt you to quit Circle Dock before installing a new version, or uninstalling the version you have. The alternative would be to force users to reboot their PC to complete the installation / unistallation which may not be acceptable.

Mark

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 07:46 AM »
Ok, if I quit a second instances of CD the mutex is locked on first CD or, if first CD is close, the second don't find the mutex, it's right? But when the error message come out there are three choices, abort,ignore, and an other. Markham, if I click abort or ignore, can you force exit?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 08:04 AM by Rigel »

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 04:05 AM »
Ok, if I quit a second instances of CD the mutex is locked on first CD or, if first CD is close, the second don't find the mutex, it's right? But when the error message come out there are three choices, abort,ignore, and an other. Markham, if I click abort or ignore, can you force exit?

I'm not entirely certain what you're asking for. The error dialog you see when Windows closes is produced (and owned) by the Explorer Shell, not Circle Dock. Therefore Circle Dock doesn't know which option you chose to dismiss that dialog and therefore can not act in the way you're asking for.

However, I have improved the code that handles Mutexes and single instance handling and this means that I'm using the Mutex in a slightly different manner. One of the benefits of this is that you should not get that error message from Windows  :).

Mark

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 04:48 AM »
Great Markham, you are the best  :D

joiwind

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • carpe momentum
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 05:44 PM »
Is anyone else experiencing this : with v0.9.2.7 it seems to be impossible to add new dock folders, or am I missing something ?

LifeZero

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 12:09 AM »
Is anyone else experiencing this : with v0.9.2.7 it seems to be impossible to add new dock folders, or am I missing something ?
Im having the same problem, everytime i create a new dock folder it explodes, im using windows 7 ultimate, also, sometimes i get a weird error, as soon as i get it again il take a screenshoot and show it here.

Also i have a couple of questions:

I have dock folders inside other dock folders (i.e. I have a Dock Folder for games and inside another Dock Folder For Blizzard Games) sometimes i want to move a icon inside the blizzard folder to the Games Folder, and the only option i have its to delete the icon and create a new one, my suggestion its a "Up Folder Icon" so when we can just Drag And Drop.

The other sugestion its about gaming, sometimes when im playing, lets say "Left 4 Dead" i need to press mid button to do a special action in game (actually i use the left+right click script but its the same problem) , and this bring CD to the top and minimize the game, it is possible to make CD not to launch when some selected applications are running? and also, it is possible to add the left + right button script without the need of the script?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:20 AM by LifeZero »

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 03:56 AM »
Im having the same problem, everytime i create a new dock folder it explodes
My bad  :-[. When adding code to automatically remove Dock Items for which there is no valid target, I'd completely forgotten that this would also affect (empty) Dock Folders. I've fixed that and refreshed the download - see the first message in this Topic. (This refresh also addresses other problems and includes one new feature: who'll be the first to spot it!?!).

I have dock folders inside other dock folders (i.e. I have a Dock Folder for games and inside another Dock Folder For Blizzard Games) sometimes i want to move a icon inside the blizzard folder to the Games Folder, and the only option i have its to delete the icon and create a new one, my suggestion its a "Up Folder Icon" so when we can just Drag And Drop.

That ability is already there - and documented in the "How do I ...." section of the Help  ;)

The other sugestion its about gaming, sometimes when im playing, lets say "Left 4 Dead" i need to press mid button to do a special action in game (actually i use the left+right click script but its the same problem) , and this bring CD to the top and minimize the game, it is possible to make CD not to launch when some selected applications are running? and also, it is possible to add the left + right button script without the need of the script?
The best I can offer at this stage is to select "Pause Mouse Toggling" from the popup menu that appears if you position your mouse cursor over the Dock and press the right button.

As for your request to "add the left + right button script without the need of the script" that, I'm afraid, is unlikely in the short term - but I'll add it to the list. You do have a workable solution right now to the lack of a middle mouse button, so it's not a priority item.

Mark

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 04:43 AM »
Sigh, format exception. It's also for 64bit version?

joiwind

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • carpe momentum
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 07:28 AM »

My bad  :-[. When adding code to automatically remove Dock Items for which there is no valid target, I'd completely forgotten that this would also affect (empty) Dock Folders. I've fixed that and refreshed the download - see the first message in this Topic. (This refresh also addresses other problems and includes one new feature: who'll be the first to spot it!?!).

Thanks Markham - I don't think I've spotted the new feature unless there's no smoke without fire ...?  ;)

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 10:58 AM »
Sigh, format exception. It's also for 64bit version?
It should be ... however try the attached executable: * CircleDock.exe (1804 kB - downloaded 370 times.)

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 11:20 AM »
Nothing, the exe don't work, same error. A user open a thread on these problem, we can converse there:
https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=20431.0
Maybe I find the error, in this new version there aren't some file:
Orbit.Interop.Win32.dll
Orbit.Utilities.dll
GlobalMouseKeyboardHook.dll
and the oldest are not compatible.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:50 AM by Rigel »

LifeZero

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 11:52 AM »
Thanks For the update, =P i noticed the "up folder feature" like 2 minutes after my first post its just what i needed evertithig its working great now, btw , does any one have the source code for the right + left click script?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:55 AM by LifeZero »

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 02:20 AM »
With the old portable version, it used to be possible to run multiple instances by using multiple folders. Hotkeys needed to be configured differently, of course, but they did work happily enough since all the settings were contained in their own folder.
Okay, okay, I give in!

Effective from the next release (0.9.3.0) Circle Dock will again support multi-instance - and do it properly!

You won't be able to start a second instance from the same directory as the first: Circle Dock will detect that and, if necessary, unhide the first instance. This means you will have to have completely separate folders for each instance you intend to run.

Each instance is notified when another instance starts (and quits). This allows each instance to update the caption bar of its dialogs as well as its Taskbar icon so that you know exactly which instance you're currently accessing.

I've tried to make this as user-friendly as I can whilst protecting the program's - and your data's - integrity.

Mark