topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:39 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: video player software.  (Read 10032 times)

mossrisjhons

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
video player software.
« on: September 23, 2009, 03:40 AM »
looking for a video player software with some factors like

Detail enhancement
Color enhancement
Dynamic contrast enhancement
MPEG noise reduction

You have any idea?

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: video player software.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 01:21 PM »
Greetings mossrisjhons, check out this DC thread for comments on KMPlayer and GOMPlayer. Both softwares have settings to enhance picture quality.

Good Day, sajman99

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 03:37 PM »
Oh, definitely try KMPlayer. It is absolutely mind-boggling how many options the programs gives to enhance/modify video file playback.

Highly recommended.

katykaty

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 02:37 PM »
Stop recommending freeware apps!

I have a feeling the OP is after something a little more, er, valuable  ;)

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 04:18 PM »
katy, I'd love to recommend something more valuable, but I can't think of a commercial video player at any price that has even 20% of the enhancement options KMPlayer has.

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 05:19 PM »
Innuendo, the reference is probably being made to an upcoming spam post that contains a pay media player.

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 09:40 PM »
Hmmm, it does take quite some time for the spam to appear...come to think of it, the other very able and very free VLC player is more active with bringing out new releases than this guy  ;)

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 10:44 PM »
I suppose it is possible this is a prelude to spam, but I don't see anything to warrant such an accusation in the OP.

Where I come from we usually presume innocent till proven guilty. If this is an innocent person asking a simple question some of the remarks in this thread are not very welcoming & not putting this forum's membership's best foot forward.

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 11:14 PM »
I agree, the concept of precrime has been disproven. Didn't you see Minority Report:P

MrCrispy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 02:47 AM »
On the topic of KMPlayer, there haven't been any new versions since it was sold to Pandora.tv. The developer has since moved on and is now writing something called PotPlayer, which is supposed to have even more options. Unfortunately since he is not an english speaker there is no english version, but you can find rough translations if you do a search.

KMPlayer continues to amaze me to this day, that guy deserves a lot of money and respect!

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 03:04 AM »
2MrCrispy
You're not completely right.

There was major slowdown between December 2008 and September 2009 but recently there was a little update of KMPlayer. I hope it means something and updates will come more often.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 10:59 AM »
I was not aware of KMPlayer being sold. There may be a communication barrier between the Korean author and the English support forum, but last I read in the English forum private beta versions are still being released to testers.

And yes, KMPlayer is nothing short of amazing. If was able to sell it for a bucket of money then more power to him. And if he's working on a new player I can't wait to see it. I'm sure it'll be no less powerful.

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 11:21 AM »
The issue I have with KMPlayer is that it loses my settings on a force close, which I have had to do numerous times when it finds a file it doesn't like. If that could be resolved where settings are saved each time you change them and written to disk, I would be happy with it.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 01:11 PM »
I've had KMPlayer crash on me a couple times when it couldn't find the right codec for a file, but have never had to force-close it so maybe that's why I have never had to deal with it losing settings.

The good news is that after you get your settings the way you want them you can export them to a .reg file so if you ever lose your settings it's a simple procedure to bring them back.

Hirudin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 01:18 PM »
Josh, do you save your settings to the registry (I guess that's where they go by default, I don't really know) or have you selected to keep the settings in an .ini file?
Screenshot - 9_25_2009 , 12_18_37 PM.pngvideo player software.
I use the .ini file, I've been through multiple formats and re-installs with the same set of settings. I've also copied the files to multiple computers. I love portable software!

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 02:05 PM »
On the subject of the KMPlayer, does anybody know of a good optimization guide? I googled a bit and didn't find much useful info. In my case, I am using the "Preset: Quality (3GHz)" setting, but as noted there are a ton of options regarding post-processing, sharpening, etc. If the OP wanted options, then he could easily spend days sifting through this amazing player.

FYI: I'm probably the last person to find out, but I just recently discovered KMPlayer also will display your pics-- a true multimedia player!

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 09:18 AM »
On the subject of the KMPlayer, does anybody know of a good optimization guide? I googled a bit and didn't find much useful info. In my case, I am using the "Preset: Quality (3GHz)" setting, but as noted there are a ton of options regarding post-processing, sharpening, etc.

I've never seen such a guide, but I'd love to see one. When I set it up I just chose the same preset you did & then I sifted through all the options adjusting to taste. It may not be optimal, but it looks darn good to me.