topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:20 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: 2009/May/31 - DC/IOSx02 - DC Meetup Berlin, Germany  (Read 22119 times)

TomD101

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 2009/May/31 - DC/IOSx02 - DC Meetup Berlin, Germany
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 07:52 AM »
Hello all,

housetier, you're right. I am TomD101, though I probably introduced myself as Logan, my other avatar in some boards.

I had a lot of fun. The folks at c-base were a lot of fun to talk to, if not too busy with their projects. c-base is a fascinating location and the men's room is simply fantastic. Housetier, you should post a pic - or put a link to an existing pic, so there is one - of it sometimes.

Today it's back to work and I have to cut my comment back to a minimum. I will return and check for more comments within the week.

And yes, the mug is spectacular. It may well replace my 15-year old mug-with-kids-pictures in my office. It simply holds more coffee I get eight rooms away.

'till next (maybe in the c-base)

Thomas
TomD101
The more things stay, the more they change the sane.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 07:52 AM »
Holy Carp, batman! Those mugs are awesome! C-Base looks pretty cool... I wish I could have been there. Meeting everyone would have been great (I'm not so mercenary/materialistic that my only motivation to attend would have been a mug. Honest  :P).

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 06:06 AM »
I'm glad you went Tom -- hopefully i'll be able to visit c-base one of these days.

gjehle

• Joined in 2006
  • lonesome linux warrior
    • View Profile
    • Open Source Corner
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009, 06:49 AM »
Holy Carp, batman! Those mugs are awesome! C-Base looks pretty cool... I wish I could have been there. Meeting everyone would have been great (I'm not so mercenary/materialistic that my only motivation to attend would have been a mug. Honest  :P).

Hush, it's not about being materialistic, it's about mouser being as cool as he is to sponsor mugs!

Just drop by the next time, maybe some time end of August ;-) or maybe December/January again which will coincide with the annual chaos communication congress (26C3 CFP is out, no proper page yet though).

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 07:04 AM »
it's about mouser being as cool as he is to sponsor mugs!

I should remind people more often that I really have no discretionary income to pay for stuff.. So when *I* offer DC mugs or similar things, we need to remember that it would be more accurate to say that these things are paid for from the money that DC raises from donations.  In other words, the DC community is sponsoring all of these things.  So the thanks really goes to everyone here on this site who has been willing to donate to the site.  :up:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 07:32 AM by mouser »

gjehle

• Joined in 2006
  • lonesome linux warrior
    • View Profile
    • Open Source Corner
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 07:30 AM »
So the thanks really goes to everyone here on this site who has been willing to donate to the site.  :up:

:up: DCers!