topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:32 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Duplicate Finder 2009  (Read 31142 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Duplicate Finder 2009
« on: March 11, 2009, 01:59 PM »
Duplicate Finder 2009
- the Most Advance Duplicate File Finder in the market.

It must take something to launch a duplicate finder saying that it is the most advanced dup' finder on the market. However, it is $30, for one machine only, $50 for two machines, so it still may not climb to the top of the (market) hill. You ("existing customers") can however get a 30% discount.

http://duplicate-finder-pro.com/

Note: this is not an update version of Duplicate Finder

Features

* Powerful search engines (byte by byte, crc32, mp3 duplicates, pattern duplicates)
    * Find files with same contents, same name, same mp3 tags and pattern match.
    * Find duplicate pictures, video, songs(mp3, wma, ogg, itunes, ipods)
    * Preview pictures, songs, videos in built in Preview Window.
    * Search within Zip Archives.
    * Supports networks and removable media devices like (external hardisk, flash drives, etc.)
    * Can find duplicates from a selected set of folders (i.e., not from whole drive).
    * Allows important folders you wish to be excluded from scanning altogether.
    * Can use wild cards and protects the windows and system folders.
    * Very user friendly vista interface design with changeable skins.
    * Save job session and results for later review.
    * Results can be exported in HTML, XML and CSV formats.

Are 'you' going to test it and tell us what you think of it?

clickable thumb:

dfpro2009-full.pngDuplicate Finder 2009

Try Duplicate Finder 2009 today, and you will be amazed by all this new features.

Free Download : http://duplicate-fin...nloads/dfpro2009.exe

Special 30% discount for our existing customers!
Please use shareit.com and enter below coupon in shareit shoping cart.

Discount Coupon: ashisoft-existing

Purchase link : http://www.duplicate...pro.com/purchase.htm

Please note this is not an update version of Duplicate Finder. Duplicate Finder 2009 is the new product of our company.

Please visit : http://www.duplicate-finder-pro.com

If you have any questions/suggestions or lack any feature in our products, please feel free to contact us at anytime and we will be glad to answer any of your questions.

Best Regards

Mohammed Ishtiaq Hussain
www.ashisoft.com
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 02:12 PM by Curt »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Duplicate Finder 2009
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 10:48 AM »
Some Ashisoft users could not use ShareIT, so here is an offer exclusively to be used via Avangate:

...many of our customers are not able to purchase Duplicate Finder 2009 from ShareIT.com. Therefore, we tie up with Avangate and requesting all our customers who have not been able to purchase it from ShareIT.com to purchase Duplicate Finder 2009 from Avangate using the below coupon code.

Existing Customer 30% Discount Coupon : existing-ashisoft

http://www.duplicate...uplicate-Finder-2009

or:

http://www.duplicate...pro.com/purchase.htm

Again: "Please note this is not an update version of Duplicate Finder.
Duplicate Finder 2009 is the new product of our company."

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 10:56 PM »
I think I'll stick with the free Clonespy, works like a charm for some time now.  Any company that releases the same program in updated form with a new name, but isn't eligible for upgrade pricing, because its "a new program" or name rather! is shady enough to not be worth a download.  Seems similar to other foreign softwares that have setup and disappeared into the night like, WinOrganizer, TexNotes/To-Do Organizer, Audio Identifier, etc.. Steve Miller song lyrics come to mind....

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 02:57 AM »
Any company that releases the same program in updated form with a new name, but isn't eligible for upgrade pricing, because its "a new program" or name rather! is shady enough to not be worth a download. 

You may think the way you did, but you really shouldn't have said it out loud, at least not the way you did it, implying all sorts of things, without knowing.

Besides, comparing Clonespy with DF2009 is like comparing apples and pears, they are not the same, for the very simply reason that Clonespy doesn't read tags.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 10:17 AM »
If I go to www.ashisoft.com I'm pitched Duplicate Finder & the last release on that was back on June 1, 2008. You can buy this product in its basic form for $26.00 or along with MP3 search capability for $59.95.

Now if I go over to their other web site www.duplicate-finder-pro.com I find that I can buy that progam in its basic form for $29.95 or along with MP3 search capability for $49.95.

Looking at screenshots of both programs they do have some similarities. Maybe this new program is not not an upgrade to the old one. Fair enough. However, sitting on enhancements to this kind of program for a year just so you can roll out a new program with a different name leaving your old registered users out in the cold does not strike me as fair, either. I think a lot of negative connotations with what they are doing could have been circumvented by saying, "All right we're releasing Duplicate Finder v4.0. It has a lot of new features so we are having to ask everyone to pay an upgrade fee to the new version to cover R&D costs. Furthermore, with all these new features comes a new name for the product: Duplicate Finder Pro."

This all reminds me of what the Helium Music Manager folks did a few years ago. However, the Helium folks did not offer any discounts at all to their new version.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 01:23 PM »
In general it is a very good idea to TEST a program before spelling out any conclusions about it. DF2009 is far more advanced than any previous version, and gives a much better result. You may dislike it for any or for no reason, but Duplicate Finder 2009 is among the very best of the kind.

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 08:22 PM »
Any company that releases the same program in updated form with a new name, but isn't eligible for upgrade pricing, because its "a new program" or name rather! is shady enough to not be worth a download. 

You may think the way you did, but you really shouldn't have said it out loud, at least not the way you did it, implying all sorts of things, without knowing.

Besides, comparing Clonespy with DF2009 is like comparing apples and pears, they are not the same, for the very simply reason that Clonespy doesn't read tags.

Yah, please excuse me, sometimes my hands contract short-term tourettes from my mouthy noodle.  Without actually being a long term customer it is hard to make any accurate statement about their software or practices.  I'll try better to keep my skepticism's to myself.

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 09:14 PM »
Seems from all that's been said above it is the same company.
If so, it does seem shady for the new program to be launched in its own, new website with no mention of it on the old one. If it was just about upgrade pricing, did the old one come with 'lifetime' upgrades promised?

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 10:06 PM »
If it was just about upgrade pricing, did the old one come with 'lifetime' upgrades promised?
-Dormouse

No lifetime upgrades, but a promise of being able to upgrade at a 50% discount. Not only does this company not want to honor the 50% discount, but since there are no links to the new site or new program on the old site they want to make it as hard as possible for their existing customers to take advantage of any offer at all to upgrade.

And I don't care if a program is the best in its class or not if I cannot trust the company publishing it.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 02:17 AM »
- you may think that now I am contradicting myself, but I am in no way a fan of Ashisoft - I like the program, Duplicate Finder 2009, not the company. As a matter of fact, I wrote the owner&author half a year ago and yelled at him that he did not respect his own product!

I agree that there has been some very less-than-fine tactics; I just wanted all to differ between father and son, so to speak!

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 02:21 PM »
Curt, I finally looked at this program to see what is so "advanced" about it. Leaving aside Ashisoft's business practices which I know nothing about, the program is a decent software with aesthetic appeal. It has a logical layout, skinnable interface, and accurately detects Byte by Byte or CRC32 duplicates. But I have several freeware tools that do just as well finding duplicates, though they may not be packaged as nicely. If Duplicate Finder 2009 would incorporate visual similarity analysis (like Dup Detector, VisiPics, etc), then I would be more impressed. Binary duplicate detection in a commercial product doesn't inspire me (and other freeware junkies) to run for the credit card.

However, as you suggested Curt, the Music Duplicates (MP3/WMA) analysis is a whole different ball game. It is much more "advanced", or at least new territory. These music duplicate analysis tools seem to be gaining popularity, as they are emerging in both the commercial and freeware landscape. I just recently noticed that two commercial sites which have done well with image duplicate/similarity software now have music duplicate/similarity software for offer:  
Audio Dedupe at http://www.mindgems....dio-Dedupe-About.htm, from the developers of Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder &
Audio Comparer at http://audiocomparer.com from the developers of Image Comparer http://www.bolidesoft.com.

Likewise, new freeware offerings include Similarity 0.9 at http://www.music-similarity.com and Music Content Inspector 1.0 beta at http://www.sloud.com...ic_content_inspector. These tools are rather raw and undeveloped at this early stage, yet they typically cover more file types than Duplicate Finder 2009 which only appears to cover MP3 and WMA.
EDIT: DF2009's documentation indicates it supports .ogg files. I ran several tests on my .ogg files, and the program didn't find files that the freeware Similarity did find. But if DF2009 supports .ogg, then I stand corrected on this issue.

Curt, your urging to test a program before drawing conclusions turns out to be solid advice. When I saw this thread months ago, I thought "another binary duplicate detector, who cares?" Well, turns out I do because of the music content analysis feature. I won't be purchasing this particular software, but your posting opened up a new avenue of software exploration. All of which is to say- thanks for posting. :Thmbsup:

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 07:41 PM by sajman99 »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 05:04 PM »
... and accurately detects Byte by Byte or CRC32 duplicates.

The beginning of your post surprised me because I never would have thought about using DP2009 for image comparisons. I know that the author/company are trying to give the impression that it is for all kinds of comparisons, but it is targeted, as you then go on, for audio files. At least, that is the only thing I ever have tried to use it for. And because I only have MP3 and WMA in my music collection I didn't know about the limitation in supported extensions.

DP2009 and Audio Comparer are more or less equally good, but Audio Comparer suits me best. However, to me it is not always about using the best program, only, but also about taking part in developing/maturing - which is why I use more than one program for the job.

Thanks for telling about http://www.mindgems....dio-Dedupe-About.htm - I have been searching for that one but had forgotten the name!  :up:
Edited: Do (any of) you know what will happen if I let Audio-Dedupe run (for a week) to compare 40.000 files? Can it handle such a job? Vista, 32-bits, 4 GB.

-----

2009-06-23_234643-299.GIF

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 05:25 PM by Curt »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 05:54 PM »
Now I remember why I didn't purchase the Mind Gems program(s) the first time I tried it/them. I strongly prefer share*it (Digital River) over RegSoft (also Digital River!!). And it is possible for me to use share*it if I want to buy a copy of the image-dupe finder, but not possible if I want to also have the audio-dupe finder at the same time! Then I will have to use RegSoft only!
 :down:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 05:56 PM by Curt »

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 08:48 AM »
sajman99, you seem to be up on this type of software. Hopefully, you'll let us know which program(s) you think are the best at detecting dupes (and why). I could really use a good dupe-finding program, but would really appreciate an opinion from someone who has tried them all.

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 10:56 AM »
After exploring these music analysis tools a bit further, I can now declare my preference for Mindgems' Audio Dedupe. Its results were spot-on accurate, illuminating multiple duplicate songs I didn't know existed in my collection of approximately 10,000 songs. For example, it seems Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock had the same song entitled "Picture" on each of their respective albums. Who knew? Apparently not me because I have two copies of the same song, albeit at different bitrates.

In accordance with MindGems' policy at http://www.mindgems....dio-Dedupe-About.htm :
The Demo version of Audio Dedupe is not trial, but with the following limitations:
You cannot delete or move the selected duplicate files using Move or Delete Selected buttons.
You cannot use Open with Associated Program and Locate in Explorer popup menu items.
You cannot Save/Load projects.

I also tried the two freeware tools noted above, and I can only give my opinion: they're still too beta-ish to be useful. Since Similarity is updated fairly regularly and really looks promising, I intend to watch its development carefully.  

@Curt: 40,000 songs? Wow, that's a substantial music collection. Audio Dedupe analyzed 10,000 songs in roughly 45 minutes on XP, 32-bits, 4 GB, E6850. Unless Audio Dedupe unpredictably grinds to a halt, I would expect it to easily complete 40,000 files over the course of one day/night, certainly not an entire week. ;D

Also, the freeware Duplicate Cleaner at http://www.digitalvo...nt/duplicate-cleaner cites the ability to "Deep scan music formats - mp3, wma, flac, ogg, ape, etc", but all it does for me is crash when I attempt to scan music files on an external HD. >:(  Without actually testing the program, I cannot say what "deep scanning" really means (ie. how advanced is this software?). In any event, others may have better luck with Duplicate Cleaner so I'll pass along the info FWIW.   
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:33 AM by sajman99 »

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 11:38 AM »
Seems to cover a limited number of music formats though. No use to me without FLAC. Or APE, come to think of it.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 11:46 AM »
After exploring these music analysis tools a bit further, I can now declare my preference for Mindgems' Audio Dedupe.

- I agree; I purchased a copy just yesterday  ;)

Have you tried their Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder? The price went down, so I was thinking about trying it out, but then there was this situation with the share*it versus RegSoft, so I got annoyed and closed the page!  :-[

It's a little strange to read that Duplicate Cleaner was crashing for you on XP. It was reported to have problems with Vista's "Data Execution Prevention", but I don't know of any problems with XP. Anyway, the author has not updated the program for a year, even though he gave it its own homepage, http://www.duplicatecleaner.com/ , and the 'advanced' scanning techniques have not yet been fully implemented.... (see their forum).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 12:08 PM by Curt »

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 12:01 PM »
I am currently going though my audio collection (I think it is about 2,000) with Jaikoz Audio Tagger. I will grab a copy of the trial version of Audio DeDupe and see how it compares in terms of finding dupes. Jaikoz does much more than just find dupes. All I need now is more time to actually work this.

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 12:41 PM »
@Dormouse: The lack of support for lossless audio is a valid point which didn't occur to me (MP3 & OGG collection here). It should be emphasized that Audio Dedupe is a new software (version 1.0.0.1 currently) which will only get better. If Mindgems' Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder's (VSDIF) development history is any indication, then Audio Dedupe will likely have a steady development with more supported file types, more refined interface, etc. Also, FWIW the few times I have contacted their support team they have responded in a timely and professional manner.

@Curt: Indeed, VSDIF is a very good software- accurate, speedy, easily navigable. Based on VSDIF and Audio Dedupe, I really like the MindGems software. Just a few years ago, VSDIF was so unbearably slow it wasn't worth the effort waiting for its results. Presently, I can only offer congratulations to MindGems for "getting over the hump" and overcoming whatever speed obstacles they once faced.

Have you processed your entire music collection of 40,000 files yet? Just curious. ;)

@tinjaw: Look forward to your results/impressions.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 01:03 PM »
... Jaikoz Audio Tagger. .... All I need now is more time to actually work this.

- my very thought when I looked at the inside of Jaikoz was something like: "What university must I join, and for how long, to understand how to work this program?"! But it sure looks capable!!
I don't understand why Jaikoz can't be activated via Explorer's context menu? I don't like when a program takes me to leave the place I already am placed, in order to come back via another window, so to speak. I guess Jaikoz should be used for collections only, rather than for a single folder, not to say a file. What I mean is, that Mp3tag would have retagged and renamed the lot, before Jaikoz even have found the folder in question! Edit: But of course, that wouldn't include MusicBrainz, etcetera

Just a few years ago, VSDIF was so unbearably slow

- Bolide had the same problem in the beginning, but is reasonable fast, now.

Have you processed your entire music collection of 40,000 files yet?

No, but I might let it work while I am at work tomorrow - if only I can remember it before I close the door behind me; I am even more slow thinking in the mornings...  :-[
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 01:16 PM by Curt »

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 09:35 PM »
Hehehe  :D I wasn't talking about needing the time to learn Jaikoz, but rather that it will take so much time to do a good job at sorting out all my music. But I can see how so many features and a crowded UI could be quite intimidating.

Jaikoz is not a tool for quick checks, but instead for more intensive work. You should know that you could simply start up Jaikoz and immediately tell it to run a default search on a chosen directory. Quite easy actually.

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 12:22 AM »
Reading through these posts I am now wondering if any of these programs can help me fix my music library.

I use MediaMonkey and I used to have it set to auto-organize - one of MM's favorite features. However it somehow went totally crazy and got way out of control. It has renamed a fair number of my MP3 tracks to other tracks' names. I posted on the MM forum about this and the only solution I found there was a plugin called MusicIP, wihch you set to replace MM's "Auto-tag from the Internet" feature. MusicIP spins for a while and then comes back with the actual track name and details - the correct stuff. And I then select the "Auto-Tag" button and that track is fixed. Problem is that I don't know which tracks were erroneously misnamed until I happen to try and play the track and something else starts coming out of the speakers!   :o >:(

So the only way now to fix all the bad named tracks in my library (~2,000 tracks) is to listen to each one by one and compare it to the track name. I don't have the patience for that. I have been doing a couple a day for weeks now. Grrrr..

Would any of these programs be able to find the misnamed tracks and repair them? That would be more than worth the cost of a license.

Thanks!

Jim

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 02:59 AM »
A terrible situation, J-Mac. My deepest sympathy!
Do you feel almost certain that the files at least have the proper artist's name?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 03:01 AM by Curt »

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 03:27 AM »
A terrible situation, J-Mac. My deepest sympathy!
Do you feel almost certain that the files at least have the proper artist's name?
Nope. E.g., last week I was listening to some Dylan stuff with MM organized by Artist>Albums. I noticed that it showed I had several dupes of certain tracks. When "You Go Your Way" was up Bob Marley's "No Woman No Cry" started blaring from the speakers! Nothing in the tag suggested that it was anything but the Dylan song it was "disguised" as. Whatever finds them, if anything, has to do it strictly by the audio.

Jim

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 05:11 AM »
Would any of these programs be able to find the misnamed tracks and repair them? That would be more than worth the cost of a license.

That is one of the tasks Jaikoz is built to handle. I suggest you download the trial version and invest the time to learn how to use it. I think you would be pleased with the results.