topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Deskclick? AreaButton? Clickable defined area...  (Read 4968 times)

mateek

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • NewPray.com - A description of a broken window for world peace, law proposals, prophecy explanations, conspiracies, and more.
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Deskclick? AreaButton? Clickable defined area...
« on: December 29, 2008, 04:49 PM »
Maybe this could define a desktop area that could be clickable to run a program, or secondly, to display something on the screen, or other options I haven't thought of.  I tried to accomplish running a program,  with a mouse gesture utility that identified DesktopCoral.exe, and it didn't work.  I tried to find something else that would do the trick, as I think I saw something once, but came up empty.

Happy New Year all.
Stop war, change U.S. Politics, Kabbalah, my case modding, etc: My Website.

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Deskclick? AreaButton? Clickable defined area...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 05:15 PM »
2mateek
Try Samurize.

mateek

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • NewPray.com - A description of a broken window for world peace, law proposals, prophecy explanations, conspiracies, and more.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 08:40 PM »
fenixproduction,

2mateek
Try Samurize.

I just began using Samurize a week or so ago.  I run a little text file under DesktopCoral, on my media computer.  I didn't know it could do what I'm suggesting, but thanks to your attention I just found their forum that I'm betting has it.  Still, my idea might be good for us simpletons, that want a tiny simple program to do the run-click-area thingy.

*Especially since Samurize looks like it should come with doctoral course credits!

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 09:01 PM »
2mateek
You can use transparent images in Samurize with double (or single) click action assigned to it.

Just take a look on my Desktop here:
https://www.donation....msg140769#msg140769

All "icons" on left are just PNG files configured in Samurize.

mateek

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 10:13 PM »
WOW!  I designed and ran a website for five years, with poor cross-browser compatibility, until recently, because I never learned the "old" trick to use a transparent image over an image mouseover effect.  About 4-6 months ago, I came across an article describing it in conjunction with the first Netscape designs years and years ago, and found it worked beautifully in my current pages to give them cross browser compat., and speed them up compared to work-around I'd been using, and even give them a smoother appearence (don't ask why).

Thank you for pointing out I can do the same thing!!!  I didn't have to wait five years!!

We've also got Rainlendar in common, although I use just one window, tied to my Outlook appointments.  I saw that post on Desktops, but mine is all Outlook function, and nothing fancy so I didn't bother.

The media computer I want the clickable area for is also a major plain-jane.  I had a startup with basically only WMP, Mutebar (from PCMag.com, which I got years ago when they were free), and dkvolume.  I'd run that setup for years, but just put it on a better Dell Pentium4, and added DesktopCoral under Mutebar, just for aesthetics.  I just replaced dkvolume with Volumouse a week or so ago, after reading about it in a forum here.  All this to answer the phone when it rings, or not wake up my neighbors when I change stations.

Thanks again.