topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:44 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: 're-establish clipboard chain' suddenly not working[Solved]  (Read 5493 times)

mateek

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • NewPray.com - A description of a broken window for world peace, law proposals, prophecy explanations, conspiracies, and more.
    • Donate to Member
're-establish clipboard chain' suddenly not working[Solved]
« on: November 24, 2008, 04:57 PM »
I'm running the latest version  of CHS. I've been using this program for at least a year or so, and love it.  Today, I wish I had it starting up with Windows.  I lost a clipboard entry before I started CHS, and went looking for lighter weight clipboard history recorders.  I found one that was crapola.  I tried to exit, to check that it saved the clips, and it froze everything but the Task manager.  I hibernated, and logged in again, but that was no help.  Restarted, did it again to check if the freeze was a fluke, and got the same problem.  It uninstalled okay but now the clipboard chain won't re-establish in CHS.  I tried a reboot again, and the problem is still there.

I can create a new note, and lft-clk of the tray icon shows the clips from yesterday, etc, but if I choose them, they don't show in the main window. 

When I use ctrl-c, I get the audible success sound, but nothing shows in the CHS window, eliminating my TREMENDOUS need for spell check.  I can copy and past fine in notepad.

The settings all look ok.  Text minimun is the default 9999.

Besides re-installing, is there anything I can try to get the 're-esablish clipboard chain' working again?
Stop war, change U.S. Politics, Kabbalah, my case modding, etc: My Website.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 05:17 PM by mateek »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: 're-establish clipboard chain' suddenly not working
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 05:04 PM »
if you are hearing the sound, then it is working.
have you selected the "New" group?  Can you see the list of new items?
have you cleared the quick filter/search box at the top?

mateek

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • NewPray.com - A description of a broken window for world peace, law proposals, prophecy explanations, conspiracies, and more.
    • Donate to Member
Re: 're-establish clipboard chain' suddenly not working
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 05:15 PM »
I was using View>Presets>All Caps, so I didn't see the 'New" category at first, but found that, went back to 'All Caps' and anything I copy is there.  Be easy on me.  I lost a really nice birthday email to my oldest friend today, and that freezing piece of sh*t program really scared me.

Thanks for the help.
Stop war, change U.S. Politics, Kabbalah, my case modding, etc: My Website.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: 're-establish clipboard chain' suddenly not working[Solved]
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 07:39 PM »
all's well that end's well  :Thmbsup: