topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SideSlide...does anyone use this?  (Read 8712 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SideSlide...does anyone use this?
« on: November 06, 2008, 04:40 PM »
Anyone use this program (SideSlide)?  I'm trying to get my mind around what it's supposed to be used for, and I can't quite figure it out.  To me, it seems to be some kind of desktop icon and launcher/organizer, but can do other things as well.  I was very curious about it, but I can't find a need for it.  For launching programs, I don't think it can beat mouser's FARR or LBC, and for the other things it does like place notes, alarms, reminders and stuff, there are several programs better for that.  I don't know.  It's definitely a complicated program that seems geared towards powerusers.  I'm curious how people use it.

[edit] Added link.  Sheesh.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 06:02 PM by superboyac »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: SideSlide...does anyone use this?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 05:56 PM »

SirSmiley

• Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 06:48 PM »
Haven't used it in awhile but, also didn't uninstall it which means I intended to give it a more thorough going over.

Also, didn't find it all that complicated but, lacking in general. The RSS feeds are my favourite feature and can be sort of like a heads up display for viewing feeds at a glance.

twinkler

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • technophobic technophile
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 06:07 PM »
I just discovered this thread in the newsletter.

Although I haven't used SideSlide yet, I do have it on my short list of programs to check out. I came across it a few months ago while looking for launchers. Even though I'm pretty happy with Rocketdock & KKMenu, every now and then I get that itch to see if there's something better.

pyrohacker

• Joined in 2008
  • Coder, gamer, loving it.
    • View Profile
    • Mindful Code
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 08:41 PM »
I did try SideSlide myself for a while, and I found it to be full of potential.  Great features, intuitive interface, and a nice idea to power it all.  Still, compared to RocketDock, it's a memory hog, and besides, not as good looking.  If you wanted to take the time to customize it, it would be a great addition to any desktop.  But I still use RocketDock + FARR because of their ease and functionality.
Funny that programmers chose the phrase "Hello, World" while most of us are introverts.