topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:29 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Screenshot aliases using MiniCap  (Read 50398 times)

vixay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • ViXaY
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Screenshot aliases using MiniCap
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 02:51 AM »
I don't get anything on the clipboard after doing the whole DC forum capture thingie...
The file is saved correctly.... but nothing on the clipboard so can't paste it right away.... any ideas?

I am using Arsclip, don't know if that's interfering with the clipboard feature.

I am basically checking this out to super speed up the screenshot process like you said.... cap & paste file link!
"Drunk on the Nectar of Life!" -me

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 03:29 AM »
Yes, you're right!

Thanks for reporting. It's designed to capture window to a file, but should probably also copy filename to clipboard!

Will update. Until it's fixed, you can edit the minicap.alias file yourself, and add -clipimagepath to the DC review alias (right before the -exit command).

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 03:34 AM »
Actually, come to think of it, I'll make a separate DC forum post command, since the review command should stay as it is. Reason for this is that while making a review you'll most likely want to capture several screenshots, and thus no need to capture filename to clipboard, while for the odd post, -clipimagepath is the way to go.

vixay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • ViXaY
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 05:45 AM »
How about a capture region, autosave, and copy file to clipboard? Useful again for forum posts.

I basically want to be able to quickly insert pics in posts like you said but with different options i guess. Maybe the alias could contain a modifier stating put on clipboard...etc.

minicap.exe -save -captureregselect -clipimagepath -exit ?

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008, 05:50 AM »
Good ideas!

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 03:11 PM »
How about a capture region, autosave, and copy file to clipboard? Useful again for forum posts.
Any suggestion where such a file should be saved? something like %MYDOCUMENTS%\My Pictures\screenshots\ ?
Or how about %MYDOCUMENTS%\My Pictures\screenshots\forum or %MYDOCUMENTS%\My Pictures\screenshots\temp ?

As these sorts of screenshots wouldn't need to be kept, I'm not sure where the best place to save them would be... Guess the advanced version would be to have some other app automatically delete it after 5 minutes or so 8)

Edit: Currently there is the "Capture to clipboard" command, that does open the save-dialog but is good for forum posting and similar.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 03:32 PM »
Bit of a shameless bump this, but are there any requests? It's pretty easy adding stuff yourself, but if you've made new minicap-aliases why not share them here and I'll include them in my "official" minicap alias!

is it possible to do a screenshot of
Delayed screen capture (4 secs)  |  Wait 4 seconds before engaging capture of current ACTIVE WINDOW ?
i.e. I could select this option and then for example alt+tab & that would be "snapped" after the 4 seconds
? :)
Tom

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 03:42 PM »
Sure, that's pretty sensible ;) Actually it's also very useful for captures of the FARR window!

vixay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • ViXaY
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 11:57 PM »
Any suggestion where such a file should be saved? something like %MYDOCUMENTS%\My Pictures\screenshots\ ?
Or how about %MYDOCUMENTS%\My Pictures\screenshots\forum or %MYDOCUMENTS%\My Pictures\screenshots\temp ?

As these sorts of screenshots wouldn't need to be kept, I'm not sure where the best place to save them would be... Guess the advanced version would be to have some other app automatically delete it after 5 minutes or so 8)

Edit: Currently there is the "Capture to clipboard" command, that does open the save-dialog but is good for forum posting and similar.

%Temp% is ideal :)
it will get cleared eventually... either by windows, CCleaner or some other utility...

I was wondering if it's possible to pass a parameter to +mcap +clip such that it will add the -clipimagepath to the commandline... then you don't need to make new custom aliases and instead can just pass the parameter through....

hmmm.... maybe a +mcap clipimagepath -> minicap.exe blah blah blah $$1 -exit

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2008, 12:13 AM »
I'll see what I can do :)

jdd

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2008, 04:10 PM »
TucknDar, I just came across your mcap package.  This awesome alias is a must-have.  Very nice!  :Thmbsup:

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2008, 04:25 PM »
Glad to hear it, jdd. Thanks :)

Reminds me that I should update it with latest MiniCap and a few modifications... when time allows, of course.

jdd

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2008, 09:00 AM »
My preference would be to have the image copied to the clipboard by default, and to have 'select region capture' as the default or highest score.  Would it be possible for you to tell me what syntax to put in the minicap.alias file to achieve this?

Thanks,
jdd

FabD

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2008, 10:13 AM »
Hi, MiniCap is really cool. Unfortunately I've got a problem when starting it from Flash with a batch file. The commandline-window is always in front of all other windows and is bein captured as well. Is there any possibility to put the commandline commands in the minicap.ini-file?

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2009, 11:50 AM »
Hi, MiniCap is really cool. Unfortunately I've got a problem when starting it from Flash with a batch file. The commandline-window is always in front of all other windows and is bein captured as well. Is there any possibility to put the commandline commands in the minicap.ini-file?
mouser can probably help you, he must've missed this post...

I've updated the alias pack to 1.3. Made a few changes, although I haven't made all the changes/additions that have been suggested. I'm not quite sure how to implement them all and haven't really had time or motivation to look into it :/

Please keep the feedback and suggestions coming! I'm hoping to get a bit more organized this year and will hopefully improve the alias pack (sometime before 2010...).