topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Take Command v9 New $20 off, Upgrade $10 off,TC/LE $10 off  (Read 23769 times)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Take Command v9 New $20 off, Upgrade $10 off,TC/LE $10 off
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 02:22 PM »
Anyone upgraded to v.10 yet  :o
I've not Darwin. I looked it over and didn't see that the upgrade would make a lot of difference for me. So, although I respect JPSoft and like to support shareware development, I don't think I'm going to given the price and perceived cost/benefit ratio.

What are your thoughts on the upgrade?

Ken

You just spelled 'em out  ;D

tide

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 12:28 AM »
I upgraded (reluctantly) to v.10. I felt that v.9 was not ready for prime time (bugs, very slow to display folders with lots of files, etc.). Version 8 was solid but the new hybrid gui/console is a fascinating idea with some potential. It's too bad JPSoft couldn't get it right the first time and I think they would benefit from a better (i.e. cheaper) upgrade policy especially for beta-class releases.

To their credit, they did give me a "recent purchase" discount even though my official upgrade period expired.

myarmor

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2009, 03:07 PM »
@tide, I don't use the gui at all, just TCC (you find it in the tcmd folder, it doesn't get a shortcut).. It is fast, no dual thingy etc.

I've considered upgrading, but I still don't see the need for it as I currently don't need the extra features.

Upgrade period?? You can upgrade from version 1-9 for half the full price.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 03:09 PM by myarmor »

tide

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2009, 10:46 PM »
I just haven't gotten around to setting up a keyboard shortcut to TCC but I already had one for v.8. I'll get around to it. :)

And, yes, I got a good discount on top of the half price upgrade. Perhaps DC could talk them into passing that along to members here?

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 07:40 AM »
When did you purchase v.9, Tide? I find that if I wait for about five to six months, upgrades go on sale, as noted in the original posting in this thread...

My only beef with TCC is that it gets an upgrade every fall/early winter and that at $100 full price, the 50% off upgrade is still quite steep. They do have a maintenance plan, but it's about $40 on top of the upgrade price and is only available at the time of purchase (I believe free upgrades are for 30 or 90 days from purchase, the maintenance agreement extends that to a year). Of course, I really have nothing to complain about. I use almost none of TCC's advanced features and v.9 works GREAT on my machine...

DC discount is a great idea  :Thmbsup:

tide

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 02:49 PM »
I bought version 9 at the end of June last year. What happened with v.10 was that when I checked the upgrade price I missed the "fine print" on their front page indicating free upgrades for a year. That was only valid with the maintenance upgrade but I only caught the "free upgrade" part.

They corrected me when I inquired about it but they were nice enough to offer an additional discount anyway. I would almost certainly not have upgraded without that discount.

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2009, 08:30 AM »
I bought version 9 at the end of June last year. What happened with v.10 was that when I checked the upgrade price I missed the "fine print" on their front page indicating free upgrades for a year. That was only valid with the maintenance upgrade but I only caught the "free upgrade" part.

They corrected me when I inquired about it but they were nice enough to offer an additional discount anyway. I would almost certainly not have upgraded without that discount.
The same thing happened to me - except I didn't upgrade.
Ken
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2009, 02:52 PM »
The good people at JP Software have been gracious enough to give us a 50% discount on the full version of Take Command.
This is a good opportunity for anyone who wants to acquire this excellent product.

Details of how to take advantage of the offer should appear in the members' discount area before too long. 
The discount will run through March 2009.

(This does not apply to upgrades.)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2009, 03:11 PM »
Thanks for taking command of this for us, Chris  :Thmbsup:

Pity about the upgrades... but generous nonetheless!