topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:30 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DesktopCoral 1.00.04 BETA DOWNLOAD?  (Read 15431 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
DesktopCoral 1.00.04 BETA DOWNLOAD?
« on: April 18, 2005, 08:32 AM »
Ok guys,

i've tried to address the problems and version 1.00.04 is now available in members only section.
it includes hopefully a fix for icon positioning.  hopefully it wont make your icons randomly dance around the screen.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 03:30 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DesktopCoral 1.00.04 BETA DOWNLOAD - WITH ICON POSITION SAVING
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 10:20 AM »
just testing this on a few other machines and the new icon preserving stuff is not working at all..

you might as well save yourself some time and wait till i figure out why.

Ozzy1

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Acino
    • Donate to Member
Re: DesktopCoral 1.00.04 BETA DOWNLOAD?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 02:19 AM »
Randomly dancing icons... Now, THERES a program to make..  :mrgreen:

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 03:18 AM »
i think Iconoid http://www.sillysot.com/ does a random icon dance  :)

imwmt

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 03:46 PM »
Mouser,

First off, what an awsome idea.  Infact your timing was creepy as I've been tinkering with a program that I wished had it's own 'real estate' on my desktop over the taskbar.  My question.  I'm using a program that I like to start up with the computer, but when it does, it's shoved off to the side instead of being withing the coral range of space.  Also, no matter how many times I adjust the transparency, it goes back to being semi-transparent. 

Are these issues you are familiar with and I apologize if others have brought this to your attention already.  I hope it's something that can be fixed and I look forward to more wild creations.  I'll have to make a donation soon!!!

Thanks,

Mike

imwmt

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 03:51 PM »
And does, 'Invisibar' sound intriguing?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 04:34 PM »
desktop coral needs a new update soon.
i think someone else reported the transparency issue, you can try the latest version which uses a checkbox now to toggle on and off 100% transparency, which was suggested by another user and makes more sense i think.

latest version from member area:
http://donationcoder...esktopCoralSetup.exe

however, i think your other app will probably be pushed off it just as before at startup..
for some reason i discovered that my windows xp that ive been developing this on seems to be one of very few that will cleanly support desktop shortcut icons being on top of the bar when it is 100% transparent; i'm not sure why that would be except that it may be the result of having a dual monitor setup or something special about my ati graphics card driver.  ive tested 2 other winxp and win2k boxes and found that even with transparency set at 100% desktop shortcuts still arent treated 100% perfectly.

the program wasnt initially designed for having shortcuts on it but its clear this is something people would like to do so i'm going to keep working on it and see if i cant get it to work properly.

the same method that is being used to try to fix shortcuts from bumping off the "invisibar" :) could be used to fix windows from bumping off as well, if i can just get the main features of being able to display and access desktop shortcuts working 100%

the name of the program is a catastrophe as youll see from other posts in this section.  i really meant to call it DesktopCorral, for like a pen that holds horses, but my bad spelling played a trick on me.  someone tried to save me and suggest that coral stood for like the coral in a "barrier" reef..

its a silly enough little program with a small enough audience that it probably doesn't matter what it's called, so i'll not worry about it.. but perhaps when the bugs are worked out and it turns to version 2 maybe it will get a better name..  Invisibar sounds good.

Ozzy1

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Acino
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 03:12 PM »
hmm...
It's probably me, but I only get version 0000002 when trying to get 00004 from this link...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 03:23 PM »
quite right, sorry.  v now 1.00.05 uploaded, but it still doesn't fix the desktop shortcut issue yet.