topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:39 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: HP Smart Web Printing  (Read 6379 times)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
HP Smart Web Printing
« on: May 18, 2008, 10:28 PM »
Here is something from HP that aims to make printing (and collection) information from the Web a little easier.

It claims that you can choose and then combine and keep stuff from a variety of web pages, all in one if one wants to, and then both print it and edit it (if desired). It also claims to fix automatically the 'where the heck is the right margin' problem that can occur when printing web pages.

It's free.

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: HP Smart Web Printing
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 10:43 PM »
Let me be the first by saying that the word smart  in the title from this post looks very strange.

/rant

The only time when I had fun printing with a HP deskjet printer was when the HP Deskjet 500 was around (those vanilla bricks). After that it went rapidly downhill. This is all from personal experience  :(   

How come that a company can make such bad inkjet printers with way too bloated software while their laserjet printers are superb.

Don't get me started with their scanners!!! :mad: Now I have to say that my Windows setup was edited by nLite (No IE or OE for me) but ohohoh, what fun I have printing and scanning with any modern HP deskjet printer/scanner combo. Not only am I appalled that IE is a requirement for scanning, the amount of clicks to get anything done has increased. When I needed an update the driver for the only deskjet printer in the house I was unpleasantly surprised that is was a whopping 135 Megabyte! (I live in Paraguay and the monthly fee for my 64 Kb/sec connection would buy me at least a 20Mb/sec connection in any other country).

/rant
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 10:56 PM by Shades »

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 11:35 PM »
So, you're not in favour of HP then?  ;)

I agree with you about the 500's, great little machines.
I've always found their laser printers to be excellent and amazingly durable.
Found their scanners to be a pain.
Neither like nor use a lot of the software that comes with their latest printers.

(I have one IIID that's still in service after 20+ years)IID.jpg

But... this software has nothing to do with HP hardware that I can see.
And... the price is right.

nogojoe

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 04:34 AM »
Here is something from HP that aims to make printing (and collection) information from the Web a little easier.
It's free.
-cranioscopical (May 18, 2008, 10:28 PM)

Thanks for that.
Installed it and found it good to use for printing out just what you want without the adverts etc

Thanks again
nogojoe
Often the most convincing people are those who have lost the plot so much they don't recognize the difference between fact and fantasy