topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:42 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: February 2008 Discounts and Shareware Giveaway  (Read 8934 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
February 2008 Discounts and Shareware Giveaway
« on: January 29, 2008, 06:44 AM »
To follow up on January's massive collection of programs from different companies, in February we are focusing on one company that makes a large variety of truly excellent programs: Metaproducts.com. Metaproducts is the home of quite a few programs that are clearly at the top of their class, including, Offline Explorer, Mass Downloader, Startup Organizer, and many more.

The software giveaway ends February 14th, and the discounts expire February 28th.

This Month's Special Discounts and Giveaways:

In addition, due to late posting in January,  the following discounts are running through February:

A note on my personal experience with Metaproducts.com programs:
I only add my own comments to these discount posts when i feel really compelled to do so and when i have some personal experience with the programs.  I can personally recommend very strongly three of their programs: Offline Explorer, Mass Downloader, and Startup Organizer.  These are extraordinarily good programs with extremely well designed user interfaces.

Offline Explorer is one of the best website spider/mirroring programs available -- it's both easy to use and extremely powerful.  If you've ever wanted to make a copy of a website, this is *the* program to do it.  Mass Downloader is a related program, but it's more of a traditional download manager for grabbing files on a page (rather than mirroring an entire site); there are a lot of download managers, and some really good free ones, but for some reason i just keep coming back to Mass Downloader, maybe just because i find the user interface so intuitive.  And then there is Startup Organizer, which helps you manage which programs start with windows.  Again there are several startup managers available (mostly shareware), I keep coming back personally to Startup Organizer.  It's very polished, does just about everything you could want, and the interface is a real pleasure to use.

Also we should mention that the programs all have a 30-day money-back guarantee(!)

Quick Links:

Important!
In January we offered an unprecedented number of discounts on some amazing programs.. Many of those discounts are still available (but will be expiring soon).  These discounts are available to all supporting and honorary members of the site: Discount Code Section.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 07:29 AM by mouser »

wales

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: February 2008 Discounts and Shareware Giveaway
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 08:10 AM »
I downloaded  'Inquiry Pro edition'  it has an addon for Firefox. 

I found that it is not all that compatible with the Firefox browser.  It would not allow me to just save sections of text, as the Help suggests.  I was only able to save the full page.

Unless you know differently.

Please let me know

Rover

• Master of Smilies
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: February 2008 Discounts and Shareware Giveaway
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 09:36 PM »
Lucky DC Members!  My system is running well and there is no software on the list that I don't already have directly or similar function.  One less person in the mix, better odds for you.  :Thmbsup:

Good luck. :eusa_dance:
Insert Brilliant Sig line here