topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 5:30 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Flash Tower Defense Game of the Week: Strategy Defense 3  (Read 8660 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Flash Tower Defense Game of the Week: Strategy Defense 3
« on: January 26, 2008, 03:43 AM »
Here's a remarkable new tower defense game called Strategy Defense 3.
In addition to playing pretty darn well, it has some very cool features and beautiful graphics.

Multiple maps and difficulty levels, more variety of objects than i've ever seen -- amazing stuff.

I love this genre because it really embodies the concept of "casual" games and it's great to see how different designers innovate.

Strategy Defense does a few really cool new things.  First of all, there is very little tower building or upgrading, most of what you do is just select which new unit to build when you get new money, making this one of the simpler games to actually play.  But there is still a lot of strategy involved.

The variety of levels also definitely requires some strategic thinking -- some of the levels require only long distance attacking for example.

A really wonderful addition to the genre and a great first tower defense game for those who have never played one before.  :up:

from http://www.gamebalance.com/

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Flash Tower Defense Game of the Week: Strategy Defense 3
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 06:09 AM »
That was a fun diversion. I like the idea of the land, sea, and air being separate.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: Flash Tower Defense Game of the Week: Strategy Defense 3
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 08:24 AM »
Very cool game. Easy is a bit too easy. Normal is ok. But I've got too much running for the hard level. It's just not responsive enough on this box without shutting things down. I'll try again later though.

Good find!
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker