topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:40 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Looking for Beta Testers for Satanic Music Detector :)  (Read 14480 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Looking for Beta Testers for Satanic Music Detector :)
« on: November 23, 2007, 03:02 AM »
Hello All,

I'm looking for people to help beta test the new Fuck Satan Satanic Music Detector. :D

Satanic-Music-Detector-v666.png

Your reward shall be a "Get out of Hell FREE!" card! (Redeemable upon eternal damnation!)

Here's the download link:

http://www.fucksatan...nicMusicDetector.zip

There are no web pages for it yet. I'll work on those when I have time, but I'd like to get a few more good examples of Satanic music first (see below). ;)

It's for finding backwards messages in music. But you probably figured that one out by now...

It requires .NET 2.0. I don't want to say much more though as I don't want to put any ideas in anyone's head. (There's no help yet. I want to know if it's easy enough in the UI.)

The basic things I'm looking to find out are:

* Is it easy enough or intuitive enough?
* Are there any bugs (I'm sure there are a couple left in there somewhere.)
* Was it fun?
* How could it be more fun?
* Anything else that should be in the program?

Don't say "save the audio" - That's coming later. Right now it's just a player and not for saving audio clips. Got to have something on the TODO list, right?

These are some of the backwards messages that I've found so far:

Slayer - Jihad:
Oh Satan! I will rock! 
(or Oh Say God. I will rock!)
(forward - I will watch you die again for him)

Slayer - Cult:
Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!  :-*
(forwards - 6! 6! 6!)
-- I liked that one! Evil forwards & nice backwards!  :P

Avril Lavigne - Sk8tr Boi:
Oh-oh-oh... And they say...
Are you a saint? Are you insane? (garble)
No release. No re-sane. And they say...
Are... Are you a saint? Are you insane? (garble)
No release. No re-sane.
(forwards - I'm with the Sk8tr boi.. - near the end of the song.)

Cher - All or Nothing:
And if I care for you...
(forwards that's "Who do you think you're foolin'")

Thanks in advance for anyone who's willing to risk their soul to help root out the spawn of Satan!  :D

And again, kudos out to nudone for the graphic work for FS!

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Ralf Maximus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Looking for Beta Testers for Satanic Music Detector :)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 03:45 AM »
Absolutely brilliant.  I'm in.  Will report back any interesting findings.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 04:42 AM »
The Bastard Fairies - We're All Going to Hell (they used to let you download this song)

At the very end of the song where they say "he died of a stroke when he tried to eat the book...of kings, eat the book..of kings, eat the book...of kings"

that comes out backwards as "(garble) Look at me. (garble) Look at me. (garble) Look at me. Is that him lurchin'?"

;D

bug:
It did get stuck at one point and the app stopped responding when I was toggling the "switch playback direction" button.  :(

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 08:06 AM »
The Bastard Fairies - We're All Going to Hell (they used to let you download this song)

At the very end of the song where they say "he died of a stroke when he tried to eat the book...of kings, eat the book..of kings, eat the book...of kings"

that comes out backwards as "(garble) Look at me. (garble) Look at me. (garble) Look at me. Is that him lurchin'?"

;D

Hahahaha~! We're all going to hell! I love it! The song was hilarious! You can also get the whole album for FREE here!

bug:
It did get stuck at one point and the app stopped responding when I was toggling the "switch playback direction" button.  :(

Grrr... Looks like I have some bugs to send to Hell...

I'll check it out and see if I can reproduce it. It was looking fairly stable - can you let me know any details about your computer? OS - RAM - CPU. If you were zoomed and which direction you were going at the time?

Ah! My Bastard Fairies album download is complete! Time to check that out now! :D

(I f*^&ing LOVE that - it's just way too funny!)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 08:13 AM »

You are so totally right there! "Is that him lurchin'" is crystal clear!

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 08:26 AM »
LOL - hilarious - love the website too ...

Ralf Maximus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 12:27 PM »
About 1:34 into the Perry Como reading of "The Night Before Christmas", he clearly asks: "Who will fear the chocolate?"

But before I could investigate further, it crashed with an "Unhandled exception error". :-(

Pretty cool idea & execution.  A coupla small buglets:

1. The blue open/play/pause buttons appear to take two clicks on my system to respond.  The 1st click seems to set focus; the 2nd triggers the event.

2. During extended use, the waveform graphy thing would sometimes turn into a big white box (placeholder?) with a red "x" in it.  Shutting down the app and restarting fixes it (for awhile).

Some suggestions:

1. Display the file name somewhere on-screen, since I frequently forget which file I'm testing.  If it's an mp3, maybe (some of) the tag information too.

2. Drag-n-drop files into the app.

3. Add a "Notes" box down below for quick annotation of findings while a file is scanned for Satantic influence.  It would be a bonus if, when clicking in the proposed Notes field it automatically inserted the time index (where the playback cursor is).  A REALLY nice-to-have once the Notes box is functional would be to allow the user to click a note and have the playback jump to that time index for further review.

Overall it's sinfully sexy to play with.  I feel almost dirty doing the Lord's work using tools like this!

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 04:09 PM »
James Blunt "You're Beautiful" sounds a bit like "I'm a fruity boy" ... so some things are logical in reverse land ;)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 06:27 PM »
James Blunt "You're Beautiful" sounds a bit like "I'm a fruity boy" ... so some things are logical in reverse land ;)

I'm in too - this beats manually (Children! Wipe those smirks off your faces!) cranking (Stop laughing! Breathe!) my old turntable backwards and trying to find backwards messages that way.

Right, off to rip Revolution #9 and find out once and for all if John is saying "Paul is dead. Miss him, miss him, miss him". It really doesn't get any better than this on a Friday night  :)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 08:50 PM »

But before I could investigate further, it crashed with an "Unhandled exception error". :-(

Yuck... Could you send me the error message or a screenshot? Was it just playing and then died? Was it near the beginning or end of the song?

You can email it to "Jesus" at the domain name. :)

I'm not sure why that would happen.

Pretty cool idea & execution.  A coupla small buglets:

1. The blue open/play/pause buttons appear to take two clicks on my system to respond.  The 1st click seems to set focus; the 2nd triggers the event.

Hmmm... I'll check on that again...

2. During extended use, the waveform graphy thing would sometimes turn into a big white box (placeholder?) with a red "x" in it.  Shutting down the app and restarting fixes it (for awhile).

Strange... I think this might be related to garbage collection... I've seen this kind of thing in while I was creating the Anti-Christ Hunter, but not with the Satanic Music Detector, so I've got an idea of what may be happening.

Can you tell me how long you were using it? Has it happened more than once?

Some suggestions:

1. Display the file name somewhere on-screen, since I frequently forget which file I'm testing.  If it's an mp3, maybe (some of) the tag information too.

Right now it only shows up in the status bar in the lower left. A more complete info area might be a good idea.

2. Drag-n-drop files into the app.

This and keyboard shortcuts is on the TODO list. I've skipped doing it for now to get the other basics done.

3. Add a "Notes" box down below for quick annotation of findings while a file is scanned for Satantic influence.  It would be a bonus if, when clicking in the proposed Notes field it automatically inserted the time index (where the playback cursor is).  A REALLY nice-to-have once the Notes box is functional would be to allow the user to click a note and have the playback jump to that time index for further review.

I'll need to rethink the current UI to get this in there nicely. It wouldn't be that hard to do though. Perhaps using the "Start" and "End" markers would work there and then save the audio output as well?

Overall it's sinfully sexy to play with.  I feel almost dirty doing the Lord's work using tools like this!

:D

Well, looks like I've got a bit of work to do before this is really ready. Unfortuneately that takes time, which I'm painfully short of. I'll try to get the things above fixed in the meantime, but if you could give me any of that additional information, I'd appreciate it.

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 03:43 AM »

I'll check it out and see if I can reproduce it. It was looking fairly stable - can you let me know any details about your computer? OS - RAM - CPU. If you were zoomed and which direction you were going at the time?

XP Home SP2 (fully up to date), a gig of ram, P4 Prescott 3.2ghz...not zoomed beyond the default 10...can't remember which direction

Ah! My Bastard Fairies album download is complete! Time to check that out now! :D

(I f*^&ing LOVE that - it's just way too funny!)

I was picking songs by title. I thought it was a great title for this and I got lucky with it having that bit near the end of the song.

I prefer picking things others can verify, but that can be hard sometimes since I listen to a lot of stuff most people have never heard of.  :-[

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 04:13 AM »
Found another one.

This is an original song by a friend of mine...the great Cailin! (yes, the same one that proposed marriage to Cody in one of the podcasts). She gave me distribution permission, so I can upload it for you guys to hear it.

Slow it down to -30...right around the 70 mark where she says "You're played by Richard Dean Anderson" that comes out backwards sounding like "What's your name? You sure are different."

And yes, I already know she is possessed (I have worse backwards stuff I can't share  :-[). That's why my cat hates her...only room for one demon in my house.  ;D

scancode

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • I will eat Cody someday.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 10:13 AM »
Amazing EULA, and help msgbox! "If you need more help, most likely you're possessed by Satan and need an exorcism..."

10/10, easy to use.
- BUGlet: the thingo crashed when I alt-tabbed to another window while playing. AntiFreeze to the rescue!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:19 AM by scancode »