topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: HyperSnap: impressive screen-capture app, today's Bits du Jour  (Read 10635 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I like my FastStone Capture a lot, but I am really impressed by today's offer on Bits du Jour: HyperSnap 6 from Hyperionics. Today $17½, normal $35. ("today" being Monday 22' Oct)

Top Features

New in ver. 6 TextSnap™ feature to capture editable text from almost anywhere on the screen, when running under Windows 2000, XP or newer. Starting from ver. 6.10 can also capture tab-delimited data for easy paste into MS Excel.
New & powerful image capture, editing, annotation and  manipulation tools.
Snags also those difficult-to-grab screens from DirectX™ and Glide™ games.
Image stamps, frames, drop shadow, free-hand capture, FTP server uploads, more!
Automatic color substitution!
Non-rectangular window capture!
Button Capture  - perfect for professional technical writers who need to snap and document dozens of buttons!
Auto-scrolls and concurrently captures long web pages and other. documents, enabling it to grab more than is visible on the screen.
Tightly integrates with the MS Windows clipboard to automate repetitive tasks - will even automatically PASTE capture images where needed!
Automatically saves your captures to graphics files.
Doubles as effective image viewer, format converter (over 20 image formats supported).
Fully customizable user interface. Rearrange menus and toolbars any way you want, assign any keyboard shortcuts you like, tear off menus to create instant toolbars, even control HyperSnap with voice commands!
Extended Window Capture function when running on Windows XP® . Resizes a window to be much bigger than the screen before the capture - in one quick step, no auto-scrolling!

Much, much more!

-HyperSnap

- but I haven't tried it yet, and in five minutes I am off for work, so..

Did any of you try HyperSnap, and have an opinion to share?  :tellme:

HyperSnap.jpg

sri

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Sridhar Katakam
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: HyperSnap: impressive screen-capture app, today's Bits du Jour
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 12:40 PM »
I didn't try it yet. But looks like it doesn't have a auto-hiding dock containing the common capture modes (called OneClick in SnagIt)

http://www.scriptful...s/SnagIt/SnagIt.html
<a href="https://sridharkatakam.com">My blog</a>

zw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 06:08 PM »
I didn't try it yet. But looks like it doesn't have a auto-hiding dock containing the common capture modes (called OneClick in SnagIt)

With HyperSnap I just right click the tray icon and it has all the capture modes listed.

hypersnap_menu.png

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 06:22 PM »
Very convincing, zw. I am almost sure I want this. Only, I shouldn't have to right-click the icon; the option's list should popup at mouse-over, I think.

zw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 06:42 PM »
I say give the trial a shot and see how you like it usability-wise.

I picked it up.  I used to use this for work some time back and it was by far my favourite screencapping tool.

The DirectX capture is nice, the auto-scrolling works much better for me than in other apps, the built-in FTP is sweet if you don't like things like http://www.rightload.org/, the new TextSnap feature seems to work rather well.  It's like OCR but for windows elements.  Here's similar freeware implementation from the prolific nirsoft:  http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/sysexp.html

It's also got the usual arrows and vector shapes and such to notate the captures.

Can't comment on the voice activated capture stuff since I never used it.

I'd say it's a pretty good deal for the price.

Not sure how their updating policy is between versions, though.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 09:08 AM »
Once again HyperSnap is on offer at Bits du Jour. It is still version 6, but the change-log proves "continual attention".

List Price: $35.00
Today Only: $17.50
http://www.bitsdujou...ftware/hypersnap-v6/

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 01:00 AM »
I'm traveling, and I unfortunately didn't see this message until now, when it's probably too late for people to take advantage of the BduJ offer.  But I just wanted to say that I've used HyperSnap for years, and I love it!  I'm especially fond of the auto-scroll capture and the extended window capture (the latter can extend width as well as length).  HyperSnap works very well, is frequently updated, and has a developer who is very responsive.

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 06:04 AM »
Hi Folks,

HyperSnap is a really kewl program, I tried it during the last Bits special and in the "8 Old Comments" notes you can see my discussion with Greg about the "text capture" feature.  They have a very solid support forum as well.

I also didn't catch Bits yesterday so I just wrote Greg and asked if there might be a one-day extension we could announce here (or privately by email word-of-mouth). That is reasonably common with Bits authors, if they can set up the mechanism.  

Shalom,
Steven Avery
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 06:07 AM by Steven Avery »

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 11:49 AM »
HyperSnap was all I used for years, but once I moved to SnagIt I never had the inclination to go back. Last version of HyperSnap was around the time of v4. I probably should look at it again to see how it's changed.

Steven, now's the perfect time for you to write us up a comparison of the two.  ;)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 02:34 PM »
I have both Snagit 9 and HyperSnap 6, but am using FastStone Capture instead!

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
HyperSnap - discount good till midnite tonite
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 04:25 PM »
Hi Folks,

Not sure about doing a comparison :) . At least not for a while. Each of these programs seems to have an a couple of advantages over the others, all are excellent, a lot of subjective interface elements and a lot of specific use elements.  And some of the low-end prorgrams do their job (I recently bought the lifettime WinSnap license from BitsDuJour).

Ok, here we go...

BITS-DU-JOUR-HS50

That code is the special .. at the Hyperionics site.
 http://www.hyperionics.com/?Buy=1,

The HyperSnap discount is good till midnite tonite, Greg had made sure it would have a day extension.  Likely the last HyperSnap promotion this year.

(Unsure if I will take the plunge.  A bit hard to justify for my very limited use, even though I know I like the program.  Will listen closely to the discussions.)

Shalom,
Steven

tslim

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 04:24 AM »
I have been a long time user of HyperSnap.
I like its ability to capture "a block of text" (or a region define on the fly) with auto-scroll capability... this auto-scroll function alone has saved me a lot of effort and time especially when I need a portion of text right in the middle of a lengthy web page.