topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 8:07 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How do you manage different favorite databases?  (Read 9551 times)

masu

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How do you manage different favorite databases?
« on: October 05, 2007, 03:33 PM »
How do you manage different favorite databases?
Normally you need at least 3 browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera) to surf the web for compatibility reasons. How do you synchronize the bookmarks of the different browsers?
Find+Run Robot 2.90.01
Windows 7

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How do you manage different favorite databases?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 03:40 PM »
There have been previous requests for this kind of thing, i think.. Here are some resources:
Browsers, Bookmarks, & synching
Multi-browser Bookmark Synchronization Tool and Other Multi-Browser Ideas?

masu

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 04:08 PM »
thanks for the topics  :Thmbsup:
Find+Run Robot 2.90.01
Windows 7

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 07:16 AM »

RecentX - http://www.conceptworld.com/RecentX/

This program lists all the favorites from IE & Firefox in a single list. Easy to access.

Thanks.

laughinglizard

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 09:50 PM »
I use Bookmark Bridge -it sync's between Opera, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.

http://bookmarkbridge.sourceforge.net/

bookmarkbridge.JPG

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 07:20 AM »
For years, I've happily used Powermarks: http://www.kaylon.com/power.html.  This modestly priced shareware is the best bookmark manager/organizer I know.  No more dragging bookmarks to a category, no more forgetting what category you put a bookmark in. Powermarks is extremely fast, efficient, easy to use. You can use it with Netscape, Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox, Mozilla, and/or NetCaptor; if you change browsers, you needn't worry about moving your bookmarks/favorites.  It integrates with all these browsers, I think.  I routinely use Firefox and Opera, and from time to time IE 6, and Powermarks gives me access to all my bookmarks (about 3000 of them) no matter which browser I use.  And I can find any of these 3000 bookmarks in about one second.  I love Powermarks!

twinkler

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • technophobic technophile
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 03:03 PM »
For years, I've happily used Powermarks: http://www.kaylon.com/power.html.  This modestly priced shareware is the best bookmark manager/organizer I know.  No more dragging bookmarks to a category, no more forgetting what category you put a bookmark in. Powermarks is extremely fast, efficient, easy to use. You can use it with Netscape, Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox, Mozilla, and/or NetCaptor; if you change browsers, you needn't worry about moving your bookmarks/favorites.  It integrates with all these browsers, I think.  I routinely use Firefox and Opera, and from time to time IE 6, and Powermarks gives me access to all my bookmarks (about 3000 of them) no matter which browser I use.  And I can find any of these 3000 bookmarks in about one second.  I love Powermarks!

Me too! I've been using Powermarks (http://www.kaylon.com/power.html) since 1999; it was the first shareware program I ever registered. I can't imagine using the internet without it.

Powermarks allows me to instantly create a bookmark and assign my own keywords (tags) to it, and to find bookmarks instantly by keyword, partial keyword, a boolean expression of keywords, or arbitrary text within the bookmark's metadata. A newly created keyword gets added on the spot to the dynamic dictionary of keywords, which is displayed down the left side of the screen.

Unfortunately, it's also the main reason I've not moved from Windows to Linux or OSX. del.icio.us doesn't begin to approach Powermarks in capability and flexibility.

masu

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 01:56 PM »
I found  a nice add on to FF
It's called PlainOldFavorites. With this plugin you can use IE Favorites within FF.
This is a really good solution  :Thmbsup:
Find+Run Robot 2.90.01
Windows 7