topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:40 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: pop up wisdom and corkscrews  (Read 12414 times)

strayte

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
pop up wisdom and corkscrews
« on: September 27, 2005, 08:22 PM »
Mouser. I really like the popup wisdom program. clean, efficient and effective. I am not entirely a disinterested party though. With Jim Egan I co authored the Corkscrews that are the default book of saying. But this posting is more to make a point that has to do with differences between computers and books. The corkscrrews never were really widely circulated or read. But the problem with them was always  that, in book form, a page of them always distracted from appreciating and thinking about any particular one you happened to read. The next one always presseed tightly against it whereas the corscrews work when they have time to unwind in your head.  Popped up at regular intervals you have a chance to think about what you read.

Thanks again for the program.

Strayte
"Darkness also travels at the speed of light."

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: pop up wisdom and corkscrews
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 08:31 PM »
:)

i think they fit perfectly with the program and was nice to be able to include a unique set of quotes from you - thanks for donating them.

Nighted

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
Re: pop up wisdom and corkscrews
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 08:32 AM »
Here's another...unless it's already included: "The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.