topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 11:32 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA :Component installer  (Read 3606 times)

arunpawar

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA :Component installer
« on: September 08, 2007, 09:54 AM »
I don't know if it is implemented already or not.But creating component installer for borland c++ builder & delphi can reduce hassles.There are chances for utility to exist for creating component instaleller.There is need for the component installer for projects like : delphi-scintilla interface component & synedit.If you want to see any component in action like this: then try the RUIsoftware Components.It detects the any borland IDE installed,can install component in multiple IDE,once instller is completed it can be viewed in component pallete.But i would like to know if any developer here can create component installer for these two components.

For Delphi-sci interface component
1.It should copy the scilexer.dll in (c:/windows/system32 directory or respective drive )
2.Detect the borland IDE installed in system & checks them for installation,allow option for uncheck.
3.Include all compiled files & libraries with it,so that no need to add anything other than installation.
4.Add the component into the component pallete.
5.Uninstaller: if in case the files installed has problem,the installed files should be removed & component from pallete as well.

For Synedit:
This has less requirement than scintilla,but it also has less feature set as well.
1. Detect the Delphi IDE or supported version of BCB.
2.Install the component in pallete with compiled files & libraries.
3.Uninstaller for removing things.

If any such installer is already available then can anyone forward me URL for such component installer creater.Also can anyone let me know what files i need to ship with installer for delphisci component to make it work.

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA :Component installer
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 10:50 AM »
That's nice idea.I might have tried it but i don't know about pre-compiled files & IDE detection. :) By the way are you refering to this RUIsoftware component?

http://ruisoftware.com/rsComponents.exe

its awesome i wish someone can create the same for delphi-sci interface component.Nice idea though,arun.No doubt this nice tool will help many borland IDE users.