topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DCUpdater not picking up on Process Tamer installation  (Read 6126 times)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DCUpdater not picking up on Process Tamer installation
« on: August 16, 2007, 03:48 PM »
Hi mouser,

I'm playing around with the DCUpdater and generally love it. However, although I have the latest version of ProcessTamer installed to its default location under XP Pro Sp-2, DCUpdater reports it as not being installed. Just to confirm, the default location is "C:\Program Files\ProcessTamer", no?

Thanks,

Mike

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: DCUpdater not picking up on Process Tamer installation
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 03:50 PM »
yep, thats a bug on my part because i havent uploaded a version of PT with update support yet.

By the way, all the other entries in the "installable" tab of the updater are actually new builds of my programs, with new updater support, which is why they are reported as not yet installed.  once the new versions of these programs are installed, they will forever after be recognized as installed and be available for update checking (see their Help->Check for Updates) menus.  Another advantage of the new builds is that they will auto-close during update install, so no more need ot remember to shut them down from the system tray on upgrade.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 03:52 PM by mouser »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DCUpdater not picking up on Process Tamer installation
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 03:54 PM »
Cool - thanks mouser, and thanks for the quick response. I was just dropping back in here to add that I have the latest versions of both the Updater beta and Process Tamer installed, and here you've already cleared everything up!  :Thmbsup: