topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 6:35 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Automatic license application and full catalog  (Read 6105 times)

tabletguy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Automatic license application and full catalog
« on: August 10, 2007, 04:15 AM »
Appologies if both these suggestions already posted. It's too slow to scroll through all messages, which is a lame excuse, I know..

1) I'd like if it would download a full description (pad) of all programs once, and then be able to download only changes, etc. I saw the other post about downloading just the version. My point is that the program have a complete catalog of all programs to browse offline as it were. It's hard for me to visit the site often.

2) If I saw a new program, I'd like to be able to download it (it's an "update" from nothing, right?) and then automatically apply my license file to it.

Cavalcader

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Live Long & Prosper
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Automatic license application and full catalog
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 12:37 PM »
I'd like if it would download a full description (pad) of all programs once
That's a great idea -- it's actually why I came to the website today. :)  Wouldn't it be cool to just have a clickable link in the line for each program to be updated that was user editable? That way you could keep the current DC discussion thread linked with the program's version history. I'm always interested in "what's new" before deciding whether to update.

Or, maybe there's a way to auto-update the link when the developer opens a new thread?
My Linguistic Profile:
  40% General American English
  30% Yankee
  20% Dixie

What Kind of American English Do You Speak?