topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:57 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Switch aliases in Outlook Express accounts  (Read 3377 times)

IconBoy

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Switch aliases in Outlook Express accounts
« on: July 31, 2007, 01:15 PM »
There are times I need to change my Name and email address in the Account settings so once sent, it can show different info.
E.g. My default email info is: John Smith Director <[email protected]>
It would be great if I could have a shortcut key so when enabled, my email info would change to: John Smith Sales <[email protected]> and then once done, I can press another key-combo and it changes to default.

Has anyone written a script to do this or am I "doomed" to have to change it manually everytime I want to send as from someone else?
Thanks

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Switch aliases in Outlook Express accounts
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 07:35 PM »
i used to have a program that will create a shorcut to open OE in your preferred account but since i don't use OE anymore, i'll have to hunt for it.. i will let you know in a while.. :)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Switch aliases in Outlook Express accounts
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 08:01 PM »
here's the program - IdenSwitch v1.01  :)
This utility allows you to instantly open Outlook Express with the desired identity, without opening Outlook Express at first.
It provides 2 methods to do that:

1. You can simply select the desired identity from the main window of IdenSwitch, and then click the 'Switch' button.
   2. You can create special shortcuts on your desktop that will instantly open Outlook Express with the desired identity.

Notice: From some reason, IdenSwitch bypasses the poor security system of Outlook Express Identities. So even if your identities are protected by password, you won't be asked for a password when you switch to them through IdenSwitch utility.

ws-idenswitch.png
http://www.nirsoft.n...tils/idenswitch.html