topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 5:48 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: word count from multilpe doc files?  (Read 5850 times)

ak7

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
word count from multilpe doc files?
« on: July 15, 2007, 11:11 PM »
hi

does anyone know of a freeware program that provides a total word count from multiple doc files? i work in publishing and often get sent manuscripts as multiple files - i need to be able to get a total word count quickly and easily so that i can work out costings.

thanks

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: word count from multilpe doc files?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 12:40 AM »
i hardly use word-count programs but this one looks good. i might just d/l and try it, anyway to answer your question, try FineCount v2.5.. comes in free and pro version. :)

A reliable aid for freelance translators, translation managers, agencies - for professionals who base their quotations and invoices on document text analysis and count (characters, spaces, words, lines, pages, repetitions). FineCount saves your time - with several clicks you can prepare project estimations and customer-ready invoices that can be further customized at your own will. An essential software supports different document formats - MS Word, HTML, PDF and others.

20811-finecount.pngword count from multilpe doc files?
http://www.tilti.com...mp;pc_code=&ver=

ak7

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 03:43 AM »
yeah - that does exactly what i want and then some  :)

thanks very much - nice program.

TomColvin

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • BECOMING A WRITER SERIOUSLY
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 01:22 PM »
Some time ago, I did a search for such programs and came up with yet another one, from a competing translation service company, Advanced International Translations.

AnyCount 6.0 does the counting, without the invoicing tools.  One must add each file separately; one cannot add folders themselves.  The results carry some additional detail -- for example, footnotes and endnotes are counted and reported separately, a feature certain to be useful to some writers.  The software is not cheap, costing 49 Euros.  The company offers a lite version called ClipCount for 12 Euros, but it only counts words cut onto the clipboard.  The same company apparently provides another version, called AnyMaxi, which does include the invoicing component, perhaps useful for ghostwriters and free-lancers who are paid by the word.

These three are available at different websites [which similar design]:

www.anycount.com
www.clipcount.com
www.anymaxi.com

Tom
www.becoming-a-writer-seriously.com