topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:50 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: 24 Hour Music Server  (Read 5901 times)

brahman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
24 Hour Music Server
« on: July 11, 2007, 04:14 PM »
Hello,

I am looking for some software to realize a 24 hour music server.

This is the situation:

I have a large collection of Classical Indian Music Ragas which are supposed to be played only at certain time slots of the day (or night) to unfold theirs full effect.

These are three hour time slots.

So I have lets say a dozen Ragas in MP3 or OGG or Flac format, which go in a certain time slot.

Now I would like to fire up a program and which then automatically starts playing the correct ragas for the time of the day without any additional intervention.

Is that time over (let's say it's one o'clock) I want it to automatically go to the next playlist with the corresponding ragas for the next time slot from one to four o'clock and so on.

If I could have some more features, like have the pc go into hibernation at a preset time or when playing stops, even better.

Also some way to play random ragas from that playlist for the corresponding time would be great.

I have helped myself with batch files, which pass to Winamp the filenames of the ragas and at the same time start psshutdown to put the computer into hibernation when the playing has ended. But of course I had to manually start the batch file and was not able to switch to the new playlist when the next time period has started.

Would anybody have any idea?

I have read with interest your posts about jukeboxes, and thouhgt maybe somebody knows of a proggie that can do that.

Thanks for your help. :)

Kind Regards,

Brahman
Regards, Brahman

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 24 Hour Music Server
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 06:08 PM »
I think you can do it with WMP in the playlist settings. Though the hibernation thing would probably not work. Don't know, I haven't tryed it. But I did look under File auto playlists-settings and there is a time thing to enter.

brahman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 02:43 AM »
WMP is one proggie I would prefer not to use.

Does anyone have any more suggestions?
Regards, Brahman

Laughing Man

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • V for Viktor
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 09:51 AM »
Hmm..for the music server part you could install Tomcat (from Apache) and Subsonic (music server program). Not sure if it has all the features you ask for, since I use it to listen to the music on my desktop when I'm away from home. Or in another room with my laptop. But if it doesn't you could always ask on the subsonic forum for those features.

brahman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 10:34 AM »
Thank you, Iwill try that.

Can I use Subsonic w/o Tomcat, if I just want the functionality on my workstation?

Are there any more suggestions?

Brahman
Regards, Brahman

Laughing Man

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • V for Viktor
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 04:13 PM »
You can't use Subsonic w/o Tomcat. It's an application built for Tomcat. Though once you set it up you just access it using localhost:8080 in a web browser.