topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 7:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Install the program without administrative rights?  (Read 26856 times)

kimajac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Install the program without administrative rights?
« on: July 03, 2007, 03:44 PM »
Hi:
I would like to use the program on my company machine.  While the program runs, it does not save the created file.  Is there something I can do so that it will run with having to run the installer?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Install the program without administrative rights?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 03:54 PM »
im ashamed to say that a member here has asked me to make the save location configurable for quite some time and i have just been slowing in doing so.

until then though, you can solve the problem by simply copying the program directory to a directory where the user can write, and running it from there.

kimajac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 05:09 PM »
I did that, but the program does not retrieve the file.  Is the problem that the dat file must be in the program file folder?  Thanks

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 05:16 PM »
your program directory should look like:
tfm.png

and to have your file loaded by default, you need to save your tree configuration in the userdata\trees subdirectory.

kimajac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 08:49 AM »
Thanks for the help.  A quick question.  I would like to be able to add comments to the letter on the fly.  That is, I am using the program as a checklist for doing an inspection.  I click the appropriated button or check box and the generic verbage is added.  However, with each inspection, their is a custom component.  I have to paste the resulting document into several other programs.  It would not be efficient to paste into one and update that one and then cut and paste again.  Do you have a recommended "best way" to add custom text without changing the original tree for the next inspection?

Thanks 

kimajac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 09:25 AM »
I think I figured out how to do this.  Create a blank check box and set it up to fill in where I need it to.  Then fill in the blank box, copy the resulting doc to the clipboard.  Do not save the file, and it should be ready to use for the next inspection.  If you have any other suggestions, I would appreciate it.  Thanks again

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 11:30 AM »
the program is actually made for this -- just design your configuration tree as normal and save it, then when composing a letter, select the node you want to edit, and edit it in the top box above.  Changes in this top box are just temporary and last for the duration of the current letter only.