topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: tcl error handeling won`t work after using mircryption for eggdrop  (Read 11934 times)

supra

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I tell you how to reproduce the error.

bind pub - !prof proftest

proc proftest { args } {
   invalid_command
}
This small code is enough to show you. Now go on partyline, load the script and type !prof in any unencrypted channel. On partyline you will see Tcl error [proftest]: invalid command name "invalid_command". All ok so far.

But if you type !prof in an encrypted channel no error will be shown on the partyline.

I think this is worth to be changed.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
i have no idea about this, BUT there is a tcl pro who hangs out in the mircryption channel on irc (#mircryption on efnet), and he would be a very good person to talk to about this.  His nickname is heidel.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 06:54 PM by mouser »

supra

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Well, I don`t think the problem is on my side. That`s why I made a a bug report and told you how to reproduce the bug. I posted here to get sure that it´s really a bug and not my mistake.

Since it seams he is one of mircryption`s contributors please redirect him to this topic since I don`t know him.

I could also try to look myself deep into your source and figure out how to change this behavor, but  it would take my an big amount of time because I use another style of formating. You also did not state that you are looking for new contributors. Guess he could fix that bug in less time.

I also do other tests, I am about to reproduce another bug with a short as possible code.
EDIT: Found it. Here another bug.

.tcl putquick "mode #channel +o nickname" -next
Tcl error: wrong # args: should be "putquickmc putlinetext"

Works with normal eggdrop, won`t work after mircryption tcl addon is loaded. It`s caused due the -next parameter. ;)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 08:39 PM by supra »

supra

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
About the worktogether with mirccryption and the tcl addon.

- Go to the eggdrop script settings and set a key for your nickname (mirc client).
- Now go to eggdrops console.
- See private messages to the, type console +m.
- Now use your mirc client and type /query yournickname message.
- You will see that message on eggdrops console.
- Now activate mirc encryption and send other message and the bug is that you won`t see that message though +m.

##########################

- Another thing, set up a key in your mirc client for the bot and input the same key in your eggdrop settings.
- Ff you send an encrypted message from the eggdrop to the mirc though putquick then the mirc can decrypt and read it.
- But if the user writes something on dcc partyline, the bot will just echo the encrypted text but and sure don`t understand what you want him to do.
- I guess this is not a real bug, but imho this is an important feature which is currently missing.
- Not that important, but another suggestion is to encrypt incoming and outgoing file transfers. I use that quite often to downloads logs from the bot or to update scripts from my local windrop to my eggdrop shell.

##########################

Btw, are you interested at bug reports/feature requests/suggestions at all?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
yes, definitely.. just keep in mind mircryption gets slow development attention.  After many many years of heavy development, it's just moved onto a slower stage.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: tcl error handeling won`t work after using mircryption for eggdrop
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 12:31 AM »
fixed in latest update here: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=10874.0