topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:54 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Custom Help menu - any options?  (Read 4978 times)

222fbj

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Custom Help menu - any options?
« on: May 23, 2007, 03:20 PM »
I often wish there was (in every Windows Menu) a 'MyHelp' menu item that would allow me to put in my own shortcuts for links to 'my' help or project info files.    These are typically local documents (html or a text/note tool files) that have additional 'how I did it' notes, or project notes.

I remember Barnacle - but never used it - is that a good option for this?   Maybe a (tiny) macro tool? so I could press some key combo, or click a tray icon - and a list of my links for the active application would pop up?    Any other ideas?
thanks

Nighted

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
Re: Custom Help menu - any options?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 10:46 PM »
I may not be totally sure what it is you want, but you could give Stickies a try. It has a feature that lets you attach notes to a specific window, so they appear only when that window is opened.
I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

222fbj

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Custom Help menu - any options?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 12:06 AM »
Thanks for the link.

What I'd like is a way to add my menu itemss/links to the HELP menu of any application.   I assume that is not possible.... and so would like suggestions for alternative tools to do something similar.
I may end up just creating my own note or html page with a list of my apps, and the links I want to include for each app.

Barrett