topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:13 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help  (Read 345289 times)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Free computer help online (tune-ups, customization, etc)
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2007, 07:24 PM »
Alright, its been a long week. And I mean long. Gosh I am tired...

Anyways, I have uploaded the latest version, it has a couple changes, couple program combinations, few name changes, etc. Not much major. SimpleOpen is still dead, and to be completely honest, I haven't had time/energy to search, download, install, find default install folder & main program exe, set it, save the script, close the program, uninstall it, and repeat that 15 times. It will be updated soon, just after I sleep for about 48 hours to get my brain back from the road 3 miles ago ;D.

I am waiting, killing time basically with these releases. CCleaner is (as far as I can tell) almost done :) so the final version will be ready soon (hopefully). Curt was nice enough to send me an e-mail with feedback, so I will be working on that as well.

Enough talking, more downloading...
http://www.mediafire.com/?3lxgdvxw4ix

Enjoy! :)
-Brandon

EDIT:  :o Wow...7 pages...

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2007, 12:15 AM »
OK, I have been continuously crushing code for the last few days, creating, finding, fixing bugs, adding features, testing over and over and over and OVER, and making compiled exes, finding that they don't work, and making completed installers to find that the programs don't work... ;D

EDIT: I had a changelog here but Safari for Windows (Beta 3) tossed it, and it took me about 30 minutes to write, so I am not going to type it again (time I don't have, unfortunately). Sorry- just know its a lot of changes ;D

Here is what I am going to do (things will get marked off as they are completed):

- Switching Registry cleaner to Abexo (unless someone has a complaint about it, I have no reason not to change it)

- Leave EasyOpen (from the Top 3 programs you use thread) alone. I will include the AHK code so you can edit as you please, but it was too overwelming to sort through it all, and I doubt many would use just those exact apps anyways, so a waste of my time and a waste of disk space for many, IMO it is better that way.

- Ensure everything works - this is a top priority for me, I don't want to have any bugs anywhere.

- Include CCleaner 2.0!

- Add links to donate to Walt (Loki15) who has been helping me out. (Donate links for me have always been in all program tray menus)

- Add UAC disabler

- Try to fix WinFix

- Misc changes

Input is always requested!
-Brandon
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 06:31 PM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #152 on: September 08, 2007, 01:49 AM »
OK, I just threw together a summarized changelog/list of plans...the list of plans is the same length as the changelog, so the project has a lot of work to do- but I am very satisfied with it. :)

Here goes:

Changes with CompuTech CommandCenter V1.0

Smart Loading - Enhanced loading for all programs
Quick switch - on-demand, instant program reaction. switch tasks without lag time
Ease of use - enhanced interfaces in all programs, informaion boxes on first run of all programs
Code Cleaned - removed unneeded code to enhanced speed and eliminate errors
Code Enhanced - changed many lines of code to speed up and make the programs "smarter"
AI - now uses "AI" for several functions
Dual donations - donate to Brandon OR Walt
Easy Donate - first-run donation request box (10 sec duration) makes donating a snap
Squeezed and chopped - smaller, more compact, and better layout means a smaller file size and easier code maintenance
Code Editing - planning for updates, much of the code of all the programs has been organized for easy maintenance for future versions
Program Combinations - now just 5 programs, and they are more efficient, too
CommandCenter - open programs and update the system easily & quickly
Hassle-free setup - setup for users of all experience levels
EasyOpen is Open Source (partially) - add your own programs to EasyOpen and remove the ones you don't want (just don't use the code anywhere else and follow the guidelines in the script at the top)
Simpler setup - 1 package = less hassle
Cleaner registry/Program Files - the single package setup keeps your registry and Program Files folder uncluttered
Smart Technology - added almost 1,000 improvements, and more are coming!

Plans:
DCUppdater compatible?
FileForum hosted?
Easier layout?
AHK-based install?
Better looking icons?
More programs?
Shareware (it is getting complex writing all of this, but if I do this DC supporting members WILL get about 75% off - where else can you get a $2.50 program)? <-- just to clarify on this, I don't plan on doing this unless it gets really popular and becomes difficult maintaining it (so don't expect it to happen :P
More step-by-step oriented?
More graphical GUI?
Easier setup?
Eliminate CCleaner and CleanUp and replace with EasyErase/EasyWash?
Even SMALLER file size?
Hosted on FileHippo?
Hosted on Download.com?
Extensive help file(s)?
Proper webpage (fixed and cleaned version of current ones)?
Portable version?
UNIX/LINUX VERSION?

Also - last second update here...
I had a semi-working Updater going for me earlier today, and it failed on me. It will be taken out until the next version.
WinFix will most likely be renamed- and the code is still dead, so that will be taken out until the next version as well.

I am building the final couple test versions now, just making sure everything works. I am going to upload it tomorrow (thats my plan, anyways) and it will be a link to the Maze Craze site (its 10MB, max size permitted on forum uploads is 8MB, and my normal website is still not taking EXEs and corrupting my ZIPs... >:() so don't be startled.

Any feedback or questions or anything I will take in tomorrow, I have a birthday party to go to, so plenty of coding time :D

-Brandon
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 01:53 AM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #153 on: September 08, 2007, 02:33 PM »
Here it is, 3.3 Final :)

(See 2 posts down for updated fixes in 3.3.1)

Here are the install procedures...

New users (part I):
Download installer
Install (default directory, please!)
Once install is done program will launch automatically
All programs are ready to go EXCEPT EasyControl- if you are using EasyControl please go to part II

New Users (part II):
Click the EasyControl button
Wait for program to load
Click the Setup EasyControl button
Click the topmost button
Follow and carefully read the on-screen prompts
Once the main setup is complete, it is recommended that you run the 2nd Setup as well (go to part III for that, Vista users need to see part IV as well)

New users (part III)
Click the Setup Automatic Disk Cleanups button (if you don't see it, click the Setup EasyControl button first)
Set what you want to clean upon clicking Run Disk Cleanup in the Clean/Optimize for maximum speed section
Click OK

New users (part IV):
VISTA ONLY
Vista users- in order to use EasyMaintenance you MUST disable UAC in Vista (and be an administrator)
Click the Disable User Account Control (VISTA ONLY) button (if you don't see it, click the Setup EasyControl button first)
Click OK
Wait for the process to finish (and, if prompted, type any passwords needed)

-----

Existing Users (part I):
Download and install the program (no un-install needed)
Uninstall Eusing Free Registry Cleaner (via Add/Remove Programs)
Download and Install (manually, sorry :() Abexo Free Registry Cleaner (from here http://www.abexo.com/afrcfree.exe)
Work the programs as normal (Vista users, see part III) and optionally, run the Disk Cleanup setup (see part II)

Existing Users (part II):
Open CommandCenter
Open EasyControl
Click the Setup button
Click the 2nd button (Setup automatic Disk Cleanups)
Set your options
Click OK
Now you can use the Run Disk Cleanup (Automatic) option in the Clean/Optimize section

Existing Users (part III):
VISTA ONLY
Vista users- in order to use EasyMaintenance you MUST disable UAC in Vista (and be an administrator)
Click the Disable User Account Control (VISTA ONLY) button (if you don't see it, click the Setup EasyControl button first)
Click OK
Wait for the process to finish (and, if prompted, type any passwords needed)

-----

I plan to release an update next Saturday for CCleaner 2.0 functionality, JkDefrag to replace IObit SmartDefrag, and a couple more things, and I may or may not keep trying to fix WinFix :-\

The updater was almost complete, but I am sticking to my release date and will have to try to get that in the next update.

The installer is a LOT smaller, without WinFix it is only 3MB :) so that should also please dial-up users (and bandwith-limited users)

Enjoy!

Download: http://mazecraze.dci...ndCenter Install.exe
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 09:31 PM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #154 on: September 08, 2007, 05:34 PM »
Hi all,
Sorry for the delay in notice, but please DO NOT DOWNLOAD the new version! It has several flaws in the code that I addressing right now. I am not at home so that is the cause of the late notice. Sorry again for the inconvenience, I will patch it ASAP! :)

-Brandon

Ignore this post now, it is irrelevant

See below post for info as to what happened/what was changed
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 09:32 PM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2007, 09:37 PM »
OK, so...yea

MY BAD!

Anyways, here is what happened:

I went to a friends birthday party [bla bla bla] and installed EasyControl on his PC
I showed him how to use it [bla bla bla] and went to run the automatic maintenance
Upon closing CleanUp!, I was presented with an error :o :o :o stating that, in a simplified way, I am a complete idiot

Afterwards, I fixed the bug (I had EasyControl trying to open the wrong directory for Abexo) and found another one (EasyControl opens NTREGOPT while defragging! :tellme:)
So I fixed that as well

HOPEFULLY during my test run (right after posting this) I will not encounter any bugs (cross your fingers :))

Please un-install then re-install for this update (sorry, but it will save you some disk space, too)

Thanks all, hopefully nothing else goes wrong (I feel dumb as it is :P)

-Brandon

(Download above, or here: http://mazecraze.dci...Center%20Install.exe)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Patch list - mini changelog (EDIT: Screenshot, too!)
« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2007, 05:43 PM »
Patches...patches...and more patches! And, with improvements, come bugs. The circle of life. ;D

Here is the current changes for the 3.4 release coming as of the 15th...

Main changes:

CCleaner 2.0 support! - Fully supported, with a couple improvements

LOSS OF SUPPORT FOR 800x600 - this was unfortunate, if anyone here uses 800x600, I will gladly make a script just for you. This was caused by the following change.

CommandCenter GUI - Graphics are coming to the User Interface! pictures are always good, and now the "main menu" program has the program icons to guide you quicker to your desired application

CommandCenter simplified - in conjunction with the above change, this combines the text and buttons in one in an attempt to save space (this allowed me to barely keep 1024x768 support, otherwise only 1280x1024 would be able to see all the options)

EasyControl bug fixed - Abexo just hates me; this fix fixes the bug created by another previous bugfix, allowing Abexo to now clean your registry and close itself properly.

Misc changes: (I try to make at least 1 change per program every night before bed, and its working quite well)

CommandCenter: Smaller buttons, cleaner interface

EasyChatClear - "EasyClear" portion now has larger buttons for easier use in emergencies. (Expect more hotkeys/larger tray menu for the same reason)

EasyControl - Tweaked code, updated version numbers, etc. Nothing really noticeable by most.

EasyOpen - Changed little things in code, nothing much.

EDIT: Check out the added screenshot! :) (screenshot updated)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 12:06 AM by wreckedcarzz »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Free computer help online/CompuTech (my) programs
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2007, 11:39 AM »
Answers to your questions:

2: I use CrossLoop, a new free remote assistance program that encrypts all communication with 128 bit encryption. It is not hosted by SF but does use VNC.

-Brandon
-wreckedcarzz (May 03, 2007, 05:21 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrossLoop is showing a newly made tutorial on how to use CrossLoop.

CrossLoopYouTube.gif

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Just an update (again, but the last one for a while at least) :)
« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2007, 04:19 PM »
Answers to your questions:

2: I use CrossLoop, a new free remote assistance program that encrypts all communication with 128 bit encryption. It is not hosted by SF but does use VNC.

-Brandon
-wreckedcarzz (May 03, 2007, 05:21 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrossLoop is showing a newly made tutorial on how to use CrossLoop.

Cool, I saw one of the videos but I didn't know that they were also on YouTube. Ill be sure to show people that the next time they need to know how to set CrossLoop up!

Update news:
Well it is Saturday (my now official update day), and I am happy with the improvements that have been done. I have made the following changes (including the ones above)...

(Mainly EasyControl stuff, I can't think of anything else to work on)

Changed code to use CCleaner better

IObit SmartDefrag is now not included - JkDefrag is included and installed with EasySuite and went into play like a dream
(Reason: I noticed a significant speed increase after about 10 days of JkDefrag usage on multiple computers)

Setup (for automatic maintenance) is now easier, I used my GetRightToGo download manager builder and added that into the setup. Now when it needs to download files, it will run and close itself automatically, then just click next and start the next download!

Couple misc changes

-----

Current work: Updater, WinFix, couple other large things (be a while until next update, thank god ;D)
(I may also (MAYBE) work to convert everything to C++...maybe. I am headed to DC's Developer Corner now to have a look. If I do, it will take a while; I want to get it right the first time)

For broadband users:
The download is hosted, once again, at the Maze Craze site, and you can get it from here...
http://www.mazecraze...ite Install Full.exe
or by going to
http://www.incredisims.com/ and clicking the Get the latest version! button

For dialup users:
The download is hosted, once again, at the Maze Craze site, and you can get it from here...
http://www.mazecraze...ite Install Mini.exe

So, in case of confusion, this is the programs the automatic maintenance uses:

CCleaner 2.0
CleanUp! 4.2
Abexo Free Registry Cleaner
IObit Advanced WindowsCare V2 Personal (or professional, if you have that)
JkDefrag
NTREGOPT

So the changes are...
Uninstall Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, download Abexo Free Registry Cleaner by Googling it or by running the setup and clicking the button to download it

Uninstall IObit SmartDefrag- JkDefrag is included and ready to go out-of-the-box :)

Feedback/questions/comments always welcome (by posting, email, PM (I am not sure if my PM is working right now) or IM)
-Brandon

EDIT: Fixed links
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 04:34 PM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Updates...next week
« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2007, 05:31 PM »
Update, once again. But not this week!

Not much done, but I am working on a few of my final goals here. Here is plans & what I have done so far...

What has been done:
Automatic install (new users only) - download, run, and start it. The program does the rest!
Added a functionality for EasyControl...can't remember it right now :-\
100% automatic "Updater" - it is, but it isn't... (I don't consider downloading and installing the latest version an "updater", it should check the versions first, but thats in the works now)

What is planned/being done:

------------------------------------
| Key:                                        |
| :) = 75%+ likely to appear soon  |
| :-\ = 50%+ likely                       |
| >:( = 25%+ likely                       |
------------------------------------

:-\ Automatic setup for the long and boring EasyMaintenance?
 :) Portable version!
 >:( Fix WinFix...
 :) Simplify any/all processes - automate it all!
 :) Automatic/schedulable 100% automatic exe for EasyControl - reboot and shutdown versions

So basically, I am working on it, but at least another week. I got a load of school stuff to brush off first, and I'll get working on this asap.

(I did say final goals, I don't have any further plans with this right now. Ideas are welcome, as always, and I will do what I can to implement them. Maze Craze will be another few months, minimum. I was hoping for a Christmas version, but that's not happening anytime soon :( MAZE CRAZE LEVELS ARE WELCOME, I will post this in that topic as well!)

Ideas, questions, comments, problems, bugs, donations ;), or help requests are always welcome (and requested!)
-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2007, 11:43 PM »
What is planned/being done:

:-\ Automatic setup for the long and boring EasyMaintenance? - I am going to try to get to it sometime this week
:) Portable version! - Done!
>:( Fix WinFix... - WinFix is now dropped from my work and is open-source
:) Simplify any/all processes - automate it all! - 1/2 Done, code highly optimized, easier to use
:) Automatic/schedulable 100% automatic exe for EasyControl - reboot and shutdown versions - Done!

Amongst the above, EasySuite boasts a new GUI interface, and a new program comes to life as well.  :) :) :) (more details below)

The code has been optimized from the inside out, and maintainability has shot through the roof (aka, no need to recode from scratch anytime soon).

I also am planning to simplify EasyControl, all the buttons seem to confuse people and whatnot. Not sure why, just so many options I guess :lol:

New program:
EasyClock!
"Time: Simplified"

EasyClock is a very simple clock. It shows the current date & time, in HH:MM AM/PM, Day (Name), Month Day (Number), Year

It can be refreshed on-demand OR Automatically every 60 seconds. Both trigger a tray balloon with the date when refreshed.

Control+T will paste the time into any running application.

I will be working on EasySuite, EasyControl and repairing a few EasyOpen bugs before releasing it on Saturday/Sunday.

PLEASE NOTE: I have like 15 different versions floating around the web :tellme: and I am not sure why. I have mini installs that don't work, full installs of different versions, and lots more. You may or may not have an update button on your EasySuite client.

When I release the update: If you do have an Update button, use that and let it take care of everything (automatic, just click Close and Reboot at the end). Otherwise, you will need to get the new update manually via the link.

You may beta-test the latest version (stable*) by running an Update within EasySuite or by clicking this link http://mazecraze.dci...ite Install Full.exe
I do not recommend this- only get it if you want to look for bugs or just are head-over-heels happy about the new GUI or something. You have to update  next weekend to get the full set of items anyways.
* EasyOpen does not work.

:feedback: ???

-Brandon
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 02:07 AM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Extension of above
« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2007, 02:06 AM »
Automatic/schedulable exe's complete! You can now schedule maintenance runs (shutdown/reboot when done) via Windows Task Scheduler!

Portable version! Its finally here! After some tinkering and editing I have a beta version! Extract it to a CD, DVD, Portable Hard Drive, Flash Drive, iPod, MP3 Player, or anything else, and take it with you! :)

Automatic setup - In the works, it just struck 12AM here, so not right now, but expect to see it soon!

(Note: I am not uploading this update yet. I will tomorrow, however.)
-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2007, 09:26 PM »
On a serious note: Hopefully I am not annoying Mouser with all this annoying updating (if I am, I can move over to a file hosting service so I don't eat the dcisv.com bandwith). :-[ :tellme:

This beta is not recommended if you are not having problems with the stable version from 9-15-07. If you are, try the beta. If you just want to try it out, be my guest.

OK, Uploading latest version now (still in beta, I have to add a few other things) you can get it here...

http://mazecraze.dci...ite Install Full.exe

OR

Dial-Up/Bandwith limited users, get it here...
http://mazecraze.dci...ite Install Mini.exe
(This has all the functionality of the Full installer, just compressed. Use the full installer if you experience problems with this or corrupted installs.)

OR

Users who need the Portable version...
http://mazecraze.dci...Portable Edition.zip

All of the above are the latest versions I have. They support the latest Advanced WindowsCare release and CCleaner 2.0.

There are just a couple more things I need to fix up before Saturday.

(NOTE: If you are on broadband and need to update, the Update button in the program will do all the work for you.)

Changes from last update:

Portable version!

Working mini installer!

Updated GUI!

Automated EasyControl maintenance (set it up via Task Scheduler)

Couple other changes (can't remember)

FYI: The program will run on 800x600 now (BARELY)- half to 1/3 of the Update button will be gone but the program should function normally. I do not recommend trying to run anything of mine in that low of a resolution, but you can try! :Thmbsup:

Hope everyone likes this, send in feedback if you can! :)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Update to EasyControl, several interesting changes
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2007, 06:44 PM »
--- All EasyControl updates, I don't see a need for any other programs to get anything else at the moment. ---

(Note: If you just want a basic idea of the new things, go to the underlined summary at the button of the post)

One more update for this version, and I am happy I have the tinkering brain that I do, because I found a couple things out that I didn't even consider were possible...

I am one for automation. If its fast, does what it says on the can, and does it by itself, I like it. So, based on that idea...

I decided to take out about 150 lines of code, and replace it with about 5. Why, you ask?
Well, other then an easier-managed code file, smaller program size, and one less step in the process of maintenance operations by EasyControl...
JkDefrag now simply runs silently, in the background, when you open EasyControl. And when its done, it closes itself. See it for 1 second, let it work for 10 minutes, and all you have to do is open the program!

So, big whoop. One change.
Not quite.

I also went having some fun with the 3rd party program files (CCleaner, Cleanup, Abexo...) and discovered something interesting (a very lucky setup)
All the programs can be run WITHOUT running their official installers. While I won't do anything to take advantage of this as of yet, it is a large door to a smaller download, easier setup, and I won't have to scream out 500 lines of buggy code at 12 midnight to make sure EasyControl can work with the latest update to program X. Plus, you don't have to update the programs. EasyControl would do that too!

So, one update, one idea. Still not much improvement. I need to concur again!

NTREGOPT, our friendly little caboose in the set, gets an improvement as well. Now you won't have to watch the little progress bar go across the screen, or wait a few extra seconds (time is money!) for EasyControl to know that it has opened and is ready. It just runs silently at the end of the maintenance cycles. Mainly cosmetic, but this may also slightly improve system load.

Still only 2 updates and an idea. Is there anything really interesting?
Of course!

The EasyControl program setup wizard has been enhanced greatly. No more clicking links. No more 15 boxes with buttons. Just (automatic) downloads, 3 information boxes and one simple (automatic) install sequence. :)

In summary:

When you open EasyControl your computer will automatically defragment. This reduces maintenance time and makes it easier for the user.
NTREGOPT has been automated and hidden.
The EasyControl setup process has been mostly automated. You need to only click 4 times at the most during the setup.

In case you don't know, CCleaner was also hidden and automated during the last release, and I am looking into automating & hiding CleanUp as well
(All programs are automated, but here automated is by letting the program itself automate it via command line switches and the like)

Feedback?

(BTW: If anyone has a good clock icon that is 128x128 or larger, can you please share it? Walt (Loki15) was kind enough to give me $5 in DC credits to purchase an icon :-*, but I am backed up on buying things right now.)

-Brandon

hamradio

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2007, 08:52 PM »
I could always design you a clock icon to how you like wreckedcarzz. :)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2007, 09:04 PM »
I think I'll take you up on your offer, Ham. Check your PM. :)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #166 on: September 29, 2007, 04:27 AM »
Wow, this is really beginning to  BE GREAT, Brandon!   :up:

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #167 on: September 29, 2007, 03:32 PM »
Thank you for the compliment Curt! :) :) :)
I am giving out the latest and final (non-beta, not final final) version right now, it all looks good.
Hopefully I will be able to upload later tonight.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Update - Version 2.0 is here!
« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2007, 11:33 PM »
Yet another update, this 2 week one was a really nice improvement.

Not my most professional post, but I am short on time and wanted to keep this short and to the point.

Features all things listed above, along with...

Now downloads latest CCleaner release (be sure to use EasyControl's updater to update it :P)
Fixed update bug with EasySuite (untested, but I am 100% certain I have it correct. I ran it looking for the problem enough!)
Couple misc changes (yada yada yada)...

Please use the update button in EasySuite (100% automatic update, except clicking Close and Reboot at the end) if you are an existing user, otherwise...

CompuTech EasySuite FULL (broadband) version...
http://mazecraze.dci...ite Install Full.exe

CompuTech EasySuite MINI (dialup/bandwith limited) version...
http://mazecraze.dci...ite Install Mini.exe

CompuTech EasySuite PORTABLE (USB drive) version...
http://mazecraze.dci...Portable Edition.zip

You can also get it by clicking the "Get the latest version!" button on my website at...
http://www.incredisims.com/

Hope you enjoy!
-Brandon
(Feedback welcome)

(NOTE: If you need help with it, you can get in touch with me at http://www.incredisi...s.com/contactus.aspx and I will be more then happy to help you. A help/FAQ file is coming soon!)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This is one big update...
« Reply #169 on: October 02, 2007, 07:17 PM »
OK, guess its time for my 1/2 week update this week. I'm not exactly happy today (well, quite frankly, I'm pissed off, but thats another story).

I have yet ANOTHER program in development, that will most likely be merged with (I really have to change this name...) EasyChatClear.

Walt (Loki15) was nice enough to add expandable, multi-level tray menu options to EasyOpen, and I will have to remember to update the code included with it too.

I am/have been redoing EasyControl from the ground up AGAIN, making it simpler (again). What I have changed is...

- Removed buttons/text/etc for Spyware Terminator/Spyware Blaster
 - Cleaned up main menu
 - Made main menu a lot easier to read
 - Making everything easy to understand for normal people :P
 - Made the main menu more casual
 - Updated JkDefrag's operations a bit more
 - Working to make JkDefrag not show at all
 - Trying to get more and more things to run hidden via command line switches

Among those, I have also gone from the ad-supported Install Creator to the (open source?) free Inno Setup, this is why...

- NO ADS!
 - Easier to make
 - More logical
 - Better options
 - Simpler for the user (3 buttons and it starts installing)

And I am also in the process of adding a brand new virus scanning ability to EasyControl! If I get permission from the ClamWin developer team, here is how it is setup...

- It is 100% integrated - NO INSTALLS, NO DOWNLOADS!
 - It auto updates
 - It runs silent scans (WORK IN PROGRESS)
 - It auto-removes viruses, unloads them from memory, etc. Does whatever it needs to get it gone.
 - Resides away from the main files (cosmetics + no hacking into it and messing it up like some people I know...;D)

I am also dying to make a help file, and I finally started today, but the 2 sentences that I was able to get out during class are now residing in my garbage can. It is, nonetheless, progress.

Also, just to clear up any confusion here...
Loki15's newly made "AcroSuite" is not connected to my "EasySuite" in any way (other then we collaborate and work on each others programs). They will not harm each other* while residing/running on the same PC.
*I have not fully tested everything from either Walt nor myself yet, but there should be no problems.

Whats the difference, then? Why have two things that could easily be merged?
To be honest, I am not sure. He is working on AcroDictionary and AcroLiminator, as well as a new program. He seems to do things that speed up time-consuming tasks while using the computer; while I make things that are useful for certain things (and certain things only) and automatic (usually for use while away from or busy multitasking with the computer). I guess it is better to specialize in one thing well then try to do it all poorly.

One last question:
About the donation box (on the first run of EasyControl)...

(Reply with all that apply ;D)

1) It is annoying
2) It should be moved to the top left corner of the screen
3) The traytips should go but the box should stay
4) The traytips don't close themselves (bug on 2k/XP it appears)
5) It should be replaced with the DonationCoder.com donate dialog (not sure if this can be done, but I could always try!)

(As always...)
Feedback?
-Brandon
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 08:54 PM by wreckedcarzz »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2007, 11:36 AM »
... better to specialize in one thing well then try to do it all ...

You said it  :up:

One last question:

1) It is annoying

Yes, it is!

- and maybe even a little disappointing as well, because only a few ever will donate anyway, and those who will   will look for the donate button. In my time I have removed quite a number of programs  because the author asked a little too pushy for donations, and maybe I didn't feel the program was all worth it. But the buttomline is that only a few ever will donate, so you must decide if your program is FREE or ... 

5) It should be replaced with the DonationCoder.com donate dialog (not sure if this can be done, but I could always try!)

IMO this is a good idea!

Best of luck!

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2007, 12:31 AM »
... better to specialize in one thing well then try to do it all ...

You said it  :up:

One last question:

1) It is annoying

Yes, it is!

- and maybe even a little disappointing as well, because only a few ever will donate anyway, and those who will   will look for the donate button. In my time I have removed quite a number of programs  because the author asked a little too pushy for donations, and maybe I didn't feel the program was all worth it. But the buttom line is that only a few ever will donate, so you must decide if your program is FREE or ... 

IMO this is a good idea!

Best of luck!

Thanks for the reply Curt!

I figured it was annoying from the start, but it works (sometimes) :P

I will PM mouser and see if it is possible to add the DonationCoder donation system into EasySuite so if you donate to DC then it won't nag you. Not sure if it can be done, but it could probably be jury-rigged at least. :read:

(Everything below is a joke, hope it gets some laughs)

;New donation method (joke)

Loop
{
If %Donate_Lots_Of_Money_To_Mouser% = true
Send :-* :)
else
Send donate_to_me_now.exe
}
Return

I love the new donation idea! *adds into programs*
-mouser

;D

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2007, 07:43 PM »
Working for the last few hours (including in class at school) on several of my programs, and got home a couple hours ago.

I (to my surprise) redid my entire Incredisims.com website (http://www.incredisims.com/) AND am working on all the above tasks.

Well, as I stated above, I have began to use Inno Setup. It is a great program, and I will be sticking with it. However, it is through this that I found something quite upsetting...

ClamWin takes a little more then 75% of the EasySuite folder size!

I found this out when I removed Install Creator and was booting my file computer to delete the install creator setups and replace it with the one Inno Setup setup.

I decided to right click it and see how big it was. - 20MB!
Obviously 20MB isn't a small size, and I have a set of "standards" I go by that doesn't allow an installer to be larger then 15MB. So, I copied the EasySuite program files folder and pasted it back into Program Files (therefore, making 2 folders). I renamed the new one with NO ANTIVIRUS and deleted the ClamWin folder.

Ahh...a mere 10MB. :)

But that doesn't solve my problem. It is still too large and compression doesn't do anything (standard Windows Vista .ZIP that is).

I am going to spend the evening pondering this, and hopefully will get a solution soon.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #173 on: October 05, 2007, 09:49 PM »
OK, I have done a considerable amount of work on EasyControl and fixed a couple bugs in EasySuite, and it is a LOT easier to not only use, but understand and interact with as well. I just typed up a quick summary of everything...

ClamWin will NOT be included in this release, but I might include it later on. Depends.

I have attached a screenshot of what EasyControl looks like now, and I am just finishing up on everything and re-compiling it all. It looks a lot easier and a lot more basic then it did, and more causal thanks to 12 point Comic Sans all over the place. :)

When you launch EasyControl now, it loads a lot faster and opens a lot faster (loading being the loading BAR, and opening being the actual GUI interface). The defragmentation is silent and automatic, and it just notifies you via a traytip when it starts.

I really hope this lets people use the program more confidently, and that they can clearly and easily understand what they are reading. It had become a big concern of mine.

Anyways, I am still working hard to finalize the whole thing and roll it out and prepare so that everyone can update.
(You will NOT be able to use the normal update button this time- :( sorry, but it is a totally new setup that I am trying so please stay with me here :Thmbsup:)

Basically...
No ClamWin/anti-virus
New GUI
Easier to use
Simpler
Makes sence
Faster
Quieter

:)

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #174 on: October 08, 2007, 12:52 PM »
EDIT: INCORRECT DATA, give me a moment to fix this! Data fixed. See bottom for info.

OK, another infobit here. This one is very important.

I took about 30 minutes for me to change the setup (for the 3rd party programs for EasyControl). It is now backwards, and is a lot more logical then before.

It works like this:
Setup verification:
User installs EasySuite. Opens EasyControl.
EasyControl looks for all the 3rd party programs it relys on, and if it doesn't find them, it downloads and installs them. (See "Setup "sequence"" below)

Setup "sequence":
EasyControl will ask the user if they are on Windows XP (or below) or Vista. Once this has been answered EasyControl will either
A) XP or below will skip this
B) Vista will disable UAC

Once that is done, EasyControl will begin downloading programs that it DOES NOT FIND. This is a HUGE problem that I did not understand how to deal with. Say, if Bob has CCleaner, Abexo and NTREGOPT, but not Advanced WindowsCare or CleanUp, he would end up installing them ALL over again, on top of themselves. This has now been fixed, where if it finds the program it goes on to check for the next program.

Once it has checked for and
A) found
B) downloaded & installed
all the programs, it will ask you to check the boxes that you want Disk Cleanup to clean.

Thats it!

So, why is this all important to me?
Well, this will make it easier for new users to setup EasyControl, and advanced users will get the Disk Cleanup settings box so they can use the Disk Cleanup option under Clean & Optimize. It is just a lot easier now (and there is one less button on the main menu, so its cleaner too!)
:)

I am ready to test, check and compile everything and upload the new version, however this one you will need to follow the old-fashoned-way when updating.

Tomorrow (most likely, unless something goes bad) in order to update (the update button will not work in EasySuite, it is a new installer) you need to...

Uninstall EasySuite (via Control Panel or C:\Program Files\CompuTech EasySuite\Uninstal.exe)
Delete the EasySuite Folder (C:\Program Files\CompuTech EasySuite)
Download the new version of EasySuite (http://www.incredisims.com/
Install the new version
Run EasySuite & Enjoy! :)

P.S. Don't forget skrommel's DelEmpty is also included in EasyControl, under the Clean & Optimize section!

Feedback wanted :)
-Brandon

EDIT: Sorry, I know this post was confusing, but (don't ask me how) somehow I made EasyControl more intelligent then I thought, and I had typed this up and posted it when I tested it out, and it didn't work the way I thought it would. So I had to come back and frantically fix it. But no big deal, it works better then planned. :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 12:58 PM by wreckedcarzz »