topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 8:14 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Problem with Remote Desktop  (Read 4985 times)

mwatts42

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Problem with Remote Desktop
« on: April 30, 2007, 07:41 AM »
Clipboard Help+Spell has a couple of problems with remote desktop and rdclip.

1) If I remote into my computer and I am still logged into the computer on the desktop, CHS attempts to start up again, which is OK as far as it goes, but it appears that the database has exclusive locks and CHS starts throwing exceptions.

2) When I am remoted into a remote desktop where CHS is installed locally but NOT on the remote computer, the rdclip.exe on the remote desktop will eventually start consuming all the available memory and CPU.  I have not debugged it but it would appear that CHS for some reason is causing rdclip (which is the remote clipboard that allows cutting/pasting through remote desktop) to continuously consume memory, like it is copying data all the time.  Gigabytes of data.

-mark

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Problem with Remote Desktop
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 08:51 AM »
ouch.

ok for the first problem maybe the solution is to disable the built-in CHS option to start with windows and instead add your own entry for chs to your REAL user startup group, if you know what i mean.  so it wont start up with remote login.

for the second problem, that is really odd.. could you try disabling the option in chs to monitor the clipboard and let's just confirm that that fixes the problem temporarily.. if the problem is that chs and rdclip are getting into an endless loop of notifying each other about changed clipboard contents, i may be able to fix it.. it's possible that both are reseting clipboard contents to a value that is already set which could cause the issue (i'm not sure i have to look into it).