topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 5:43 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: A NEW VERSION (v1.9) of ObjectDock just released  (Read 5068 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A NEW VERSION (v1.9) of ObjectDock just released
« on: April 26, 2007, 04:52 PM »
If you like eye candy, you'll like this sweet looking application launcher. Have fun with it!

I also wanted to let people know that I won't be posting any more blogs for a while to take care of some business stuff. So, if you've been thinking to yourself "I sure wish I could blog those posts", this is your big chance. Just get with Mouser and begin your training:-\

Ken

Stardock has just released their OjbectDock 1.9. It’s a free download that allows you to add a dock to Windows.  We’ve mentioned RocketDock previously which is almost the same thing made by the same company. However, ObjectDock is packed with some extra features that RocketDock doesn’t have.  They essentially aim to copy the dock that you’d have if you were using a Mac, and they do a great job with it.  If you want to purchase the plus version...

Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 04:54 PM by KenR »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: A NEW VERSION (v1.9) of ObjectDock just released
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 10:29 PM »
Is RocketDock really by Stardock?! I cry foul - last time I checked it was developed by Punk Software.

Anyway, I have a licence for ObjectDock, but haven't had it loaded in AGES. TrueLaunchBar and VistaStartMenu have pretty much made it redundant on my system (snide remarks about them making each other redundant as well will be tolerated with a polite, but pained, smile ::)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 10:50 PM »
yeah, makes one wonder.. did CyberNet made a boo-boo by not checking their facts.. or Punk Software has been bought over by StarDock.. ;)

ws-punks-1.png
Source: http://www.punksoftware.com/about

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 07:23 PM »
I re-installed ObjectDock (v.1.9) the other day. I certainly won't be setting it to start with Windows, but it's a very mature app now - much more refined that 1.1 - 1.3 and lighter on resources. Worth a look if you're intersted in this kind of thing.

EDIT: added hyperlink to developer's site - thanks for pointing that out Hirudin!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 10:04 PM by Darwin »

Hirudin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 09:36 PM »
I'm going to check this out. If I can find the download link... :)

I used to just use a windows toolbar (like the Quick Launch Bar) that I docked to the left side of the screen. But for some wacky, unknown, crappy reason Vista wont let you get a custom toolbar off the start menu. Lame.

I'm about to cry! My dreams have been answered! After posting this, I decided to do a little research and found this page where the person found the solution we've (well, me and this guy at the very least) been looking for.
Just drag the folder to the side of the screen... SO SIMPLE!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 09:48 PM by Hirudin »