topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:28 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Error with BDS 2006 concerning Indy 10... Help!  (Read 8772 times)

Renox

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Error with BDS 2006 concerning Indy 10... Help!
« on: January 22, 2007, 06:09 PM »
I have a brand new install of Borland Developer Studio 2006 with a registered copy of Borland C++ Builder 2006. I go to create a new VCL form project and it opens. I add a component under the section of 'Indy Clients'; the component name is 'TIdFTP'... I compile it with defined properties or the default ones and it says, "Please specify the location for the header file"... Okay, no biggie I find the file entitled, "IdExplicitTLSClientServerBase.hpp" under the folder 'Indy 10'... It accepts that but when I go to compile it, it gives me an error saying, "#error Indy 10 does not currently support C++Builder" that was generated in the 'IdWinsock2.hpp' file as part of the coding supposedly... I have no idea why this is happening and I need to fix it because I need to use the "Passive" ftp property on this component for a FTP application ASAP... Plz, let me know if you have any solutions to this because I need to fix this as soon as possible. Thank you for your time!  :D

tchikien

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Error with BDS 2006 concerning Indy 10... Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 08:52 PM »
"Indy 10 does not currently support C++Builder"
Reinstall/modify your BDS installation, you must choose indy9 when asked to use indy with C++ Builder.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 12:52 AM »
tchikien is exactly right (it does tell you this during install but it's easy to miss).

(ps. you might be able to download the latest Indy10 and build it for c++ builder yourself with a bit of work).

Renox

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 06:32 AM »
ugh... another hour installation lol... j/k! TY guys for the help... Do you know if I will still be able to use the same components and everything or no?

Renox

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 06:28 PM »
Okay... so I tried a fresh install with Indy 9 so that it would cooperate with Borland C++ Builder 2006... I registered the product... I opened BDS 2006... I Started a new VCL Project with a default form... I went to the same "Indy Clients" category and dropped another TIdFTP component and I get more errors... ON A FRESH INSTALL! I even went as to uninstall any earlier versions of the BCB to see if they were conflicting... I have rebooted several times... I, for the life of me, cannot figure this out... I have used google groups to see if anyone else has had this problem... I have found no information anywhere on how to fix it... So, I am at my desperate stage atm... Is there recommendations that you guys have yet? or any ideas as to why it might not work? Here is a screenshot of what happens when I compile the default form with 1 component that I just dropped onto it:

Renox

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 09:11 PM »
Nevermind... I called Borland earlier and got them to help me fix it... They had to write a Hotfix for it... Oh well... It works now! That's all that matters!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 04:40 AM »
cool.

In general the error you get is easily handled, and you're going to see it again and again with other components.
It's nothing to panic over.

Sometimes a component is not configured to add ALL of its header file directories autoamtically.  So take note of the header file it can't find (IdBaseComponent.hpp), and go find it in the component directory, then open up the Project Properties, go to the directories tab, select Include directories, and ADD the directory containing the header file.  All done.

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 04:55 AM »
I am glad you solved your problem and I am sure Borland Technical Support was extremely helpful. Those guys are top notch!! They will never let you down. I don't know any other company so keen to help its customers.