topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:40 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CyberNotes: Recover Deleted Files Free  (Read 4023 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
CyberNotes: Recover Deleted Files Free
« on: January 11, 2007, 02:59 PM »
On more than one occasion, I have accidentally deleted important data files. On those occasions that I did not have backups (or worse - I had deleted important files from someone else's computer) I had to turn to Undelete Utilities. While most of these cost money and can be pretty expensive, this article is about recovering your lost data without shelling out for one of these costly undelete utilities.

One of my worst nightmares is deleting a file from my PC just to realize that I still needed it. It has happened to me several times, especially since one of my favorite key combinations is Shift+Delete, which “permanently” deletes a file– bypassing the Recycling Bin. Then a few moments later is when you say “uh oh!” Have no fear, because Windows just deletes the reference to the file without actually removing the file from your hard disk…therefore giving you the possibility to recover your lost file. This is also important because if you can recover files that have been “deleted,” so can many other people.

Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 03:04 PM by mouser »