topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:11 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: TeamTime, handy for IRC chat  (Read 6147 times)

brett

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Australia
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
TeamTime, handy for IRC chat
« on: December 30, 2006, 05:42 AM »
Just posting this for people who like to use IRC but are not sure what is the local time of their buddies or roommates.
http://graphicreality.co.uk/TeamTime/?Mode=Overview

freeware

teamtime.gif

and don't forget Donation Coders very own chat room

..dB..
doubleBogey
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 06:15 AM by doublebogey »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: TeamTime, handy for IRC chat
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 06:11 AM »
I'll just point out this tool has nothing to do with irc specifically, it's just a really nice simple way to keep track of the different times of a bunch of friends.  Really fun idea and useful too.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 05:47 AM »
Well, I had grand plans for this application, but it is buggy as all get up.  :down: It is *extremely* temperamental and will not accept your input most of the time. I tried multiple combinations of entries and it only took once. It is obvious this is coded with no error handling or validation. If it doesn't like what you entered, it just throws it into the bit bucket and ignores you.  :-\

For example, it won't let you add members that aren't part of a group. I tried to make a DonationCoder file with members, but I had to make a Group 1 in order to add anybody.

The install is also not user friendly. It doesn't let you determine if or where the start menu group goes or let you opt out of having an icon placed on your desktop.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 05:50 AM by tinjaw »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 09:29 PM »
after trying out for a while, i found out that we still have to key-in the time-zone ourselves, i thought it would dig up the profile of our buddies in yahoo, msn, etc & would auto-fill them.. ;)

so now, i still have to ask mouser, tinjaw, etc. where they live & what time is it over there.. not very handy, if you ask me.. :D

brett

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Australia
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 12:57 AM »
in part of its defense, I could not find anything else that performed the same task,
i found out that we still have to key-in the time-zone ourselves
I Agree, but why doesn't a chat client have this built in.

This might be a bit big for a coding snack, but it would be nice to see someone try. or offer a alternative.

regardless, it does not crash on my machine, and I get to see the bizarre hours some DC chatters are online.

Brett

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 07:08 AM »
I've put this at the end of my list to code after I get done with things like the staff rotation tool. If somebody wants to start and IDEA thread in the coding snacks so people can start adding their suggestions, that would be great.