topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 4:51 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Tofu Makes You Gay  (Read 4536 times)

mrainey

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Website
    • Donate to Member
Tofu Makes You Gay
« on: December 15, 2006, 07:12 AM »
Another reason to stick with bacon cheeseburgers?

http://www.wnd.com/n...asp?ARTICLE_ID=53327
Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Tofu Makes You Gay
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 07:43 AM »
If all of that is as true as the author wishes you to believe, how does one explain the overpopulation of China?  ;D

And the alternative of eating testosterone loaded beef or chicken loaded with artificial estrogen wouldn't really be better.

There is a relationship between the typical size of female breasts in the US in the past and the typical size of what you'd find on the average teenage girl today.

The increased amount of artificial estrogen fed to chickens has caused a noticeable increase in average breast size in the last 20 years.

Maybe tofu isn't to blame...maybe KFC* is.

And what about the side effects of too much testosterone from eating too many McDonalds cheeseburgers?

Could it explain the rise in teen angst? Could males be experiencing what is usually referred to as 'roid rage'?

*KFC = Kentucky Fried Chicken, a fast food restaurant specializing in...you guessed it...fried chicken.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 10:05 AM »
Yeah,
it's a strange article,
                           in a very strange place ...

I've heard that, in the States they use a lot of hormone-treatment on animals.
It's banned in Ireland & I think here in Europe (mind you people were & probably still are regularly arrested in Ireland for possession of various illegal "growth-enhancers" - "Angel Dust" is a particularly famous one)

On the other hand it would be nice to know the "truth" about soy ...  :)
Tom

Eóin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 01:40 PM »
Ah tomos your Irish, greetings :)

I'd be very wary of that article given the source.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 01:50 PM »
I can see how some of this would be true. That whole part about human beings starting as female and then becoming male once testosterone is introduced is true. Therefore getting additional estrogen levels that are not normal for a man could certainly lead to a bit of effeminism, I suppose. Will it make you gay? I really don't know, but I imagine that you can't blame it entirely on soy products.

I don't know in great detail the inner workings of the female reproductive system, but I did take an anatomy class in high school and from what I know about the birds and the bees (I don't understand what either of those creatures have to do with the human reproductive process.) it makes sense to me that an enlarged uterus could be cause for infertility.

As for the other scientific studies, he doesn't cite any sources, he doesn't give specific years on some of the studies ("in the latest year we have data for, studies say..." (paraphrased)). The only year I remember him giving was 2000, and we all (hopefully) know that science can be wrong or skewed and more modern discoveries can prove the facts we knew a decade ago to be false. Just like Galileo's time when everybody thought the Earth was the center of the universe and everything revolved around it. I'm not saying what he said is not true. I just can't find out for myself that it is true because no information is given to back up his claims.

When it comes to overpopulation; I honestly don't know any statistics about China or any other place people are living, but I seriously doubt China is overpopulated. I think if anything, it's probably Chinese propaganda and a method of controlling the people. Just because a lot of people live in a relatively close proximity it doesn't mean it's overpopulated. But that's another topic entirely.

While we're (back) on the topic of tofu making you gay, I say that being gay makes you gay!  ;D

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 06:33 PM »
Ah tomos your Irish, greetings :)

I'd be very wary of that article given the source.
greetings to you Eóin  :)

P.S: theres no shortage of wariness here  ;)  - I just couldnt get over those adds there !
Tom

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 10:40 PM »
Sorta interesting, but no links to sources or anything - pretty fishy.

But it's worth keeping in mind those gay emo kids all eat tofu :P
- carpe noctem