topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:52 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Feature Request ...  (Read 7614 times)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Feature Request ...
« on: July 30, 2005, 11:42 AM »
How about a clipboard save function?

It would be nice to save individual clips, selected clips or the whole collection as a text file.

Don't know how others are using this but I find I save large chunks to the clipboard - particularly when I am form filling, or grabbing lumps of info from a webpage etc. It would be nice to be able to save these without having to copy to clipboard/open app/copy/save etc.

If you can select sets of clips or ranges of clips (ctrl/shift click) it could become the basis for a project editor too ...

Just a thought

Carol

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Feature Request ...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 11:55 AM »
this will absolutely 100% be implemented..
we've been thinking about adding functions to make it easy to keep notes in the program, and one of the key features is going to be the ability to export and import to and from text files.  and also the ability to move clips around between groups and into their own groups, etc.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 11:58 AM by mouser »

kfitting

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 12:07 PM »
Hey mouser, where do you stand on the whole rtf-html-text conversion thing?  If this were implemented you could easily save your clips into whatever format you choose.  We had discussed this at one point, just seeing where things are heading.

Kevin

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 12:11 PM »
i'm working on the clipboard program as we speak, totally reworking the interface.

my inclination is to do i think as you suggested.
first, capture not in plaintext but in native format, ie rtf if available, images if available (user will be able to say only capture plaintext).

then you wil be able to use those clips (export/save/copy/paste) as rtf, html, plaintext.

im open to more specific ideas about how the user interface should facilitate this, but bottom line is the program will capture in those formats not just plaintext as it does now, so those will be things we can do.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 12:26 PM »
I refrained from hoping for format control and graphics etc. 'cos I thought that would be a bit harder to implement, but if you can do it that would be great.

How about being able to reorder the clips (and perhaps name them rather than just timestamp them). Then they could be organised and a user selected group of clips outputted in whatever format ...

Carol

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 12:45 PM »
you can actually rename clips now, just change the title in the edit box above the clip, but yeah its going to be really easy to organize clips in the new version, once i get it all working.  and much easier to see your clips at a glance.