topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 4:16 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: {Worldwide?} Turbo Professional products for just $249  (Read 5282 times)

Rohit

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
{Worldwide?} Turbo Professional products for just $249
« on: December 07, 2006, 11:33 AM »
Borland USA's online shop has an offer wherein you can purchase a Turbo Professional product for just $249, instead of the usual $399. The offer seems to be valid only till 31 December 2006.

Basically, $249 is the upgrade price from an Explorer to a Professional edition, but since the Explorer editions are free to begin with, anyone can install one of those and immediately "upgrade" to the Professional edition.  8)

Link: http://www.digitalri...CODE=&CACHE_ID=0

If the above link doesn't work, just go to http://www.borland.c...cts/turbo/index.html and click on the "Buy Now Online" button.

It's a shame, though, that this offer seems not to be available in other countries. I am thinking of buying Turbo Delphi Professional for Win32, and could have used this discount. Well, at least I don't have to buy the full BDS 2006. :P
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 01:29 AM by Rohit »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Re: {USA and Canada only?} Turbo Professional products for just $249
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 11:43 AM »
I'm a big fan of the new Borland Turbo line; if you are thinking of doing MS Windows GUI development, you should absolutely give the free versions a try and see if it's something you like.

I find few that the Rapid Application Development stuff in Borland's tools is a great way to brainstorm.

If you decide to really use the tools - you will probably want to upgrade to the pro version, because only the pro version let's you install 3rd party components, which to me is the nicest aspect of delphi/c++ builder.

ps. I wonder if even people who don't reall consider themselves coders might consider using the free version just as a graphic user interface sketch system, without ever writing any back-end code.  Be a nice way to design a mock up interface as a way of explaining what you want to a coder..
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 11:45 AM by mouser »

Rohit

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: {Worldwide?} Turbo Professional products for just $249
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 01:30 AM »
It's a shame, though, that this offer seems not to be available in other countries. I am thinking of buying Turbo Delphi Professional for Win32, and could have used this discount. Well, at least I don't have to buy the full BDS 2006. :P

It now look like this offer is gradually being made available in other countries too. Accordingly, I have changed the title of this thread. :)

If this offer is available in my country, I will be buying Turbo Delphi before long!  :-*