topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Ask City: "The Online Map With The Best Features Hands Down?"  (Read 4462 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
CyberNetNews.com is quite excited about the new AskCity page:

I didn’t think an online mapping service could keep a clean interface like the one Google Maps has and still add more great features. Ask has done just that with their new Ask City and it is hard to even describe how smooth the site operates. In the screenshot above you can see that there is essentially three “frames”: search, results, and map. At first I was wondering “what if I don’t need the results frame” but then I realized you can maximize either the results or the map by clicking the little box in the upper-right corner of their respective frame.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Ask City: "The Online Map With The Best Features Hands Down?"
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 04:35 AM »
Can you actually get it to do anything? I can move around the US and zoom in and out but nothing else seems to work for me (in Internet Explorer or Firefox) - I type a city in the Directions field and nothing happens when you click GO at all.

Even so it is a shame that they only cover the US (apart from topo detail the Canada area is blank - not even town names) and the rest of the world doesn't exist in any form.