topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:41 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Ideas wanted for a Cody Typing Flash Game  (Read 3544 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Ideas wanted for a Cody Typing Flash Game
« on: November 28, 2006, 12:38 PM »
I'm a big fan of these typing-based games (see here).

I was thinking it might be fun to make a Cody (our mascot the bird) themed typing type game.

Can anyone think of any unusual/funny/crazy ideas for such a game? Something different and which didn't require too much artwork/animation?

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Ideas wanted for a Cody Typing Flash Game
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Those games are awesome. I like the shark one better than the guy shooting people one, and I never played Typing of the Dead, but I remember when it came out.

Maybe robbers try to steal Cody's coins and you have to type words to have the police catch them or something like that?

Cody the Bounty Hunter!

Ruffnekk

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Uhm yeah...
    • View Profile
    • RuffNekk's Crypto Pages
    • Donate to Member
Re: Ideas wanted for a Cody Typing Flash Game
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 05:07 AM »
Well since Cody looks like a pigeon, I assume he is a pigeon. What do pigeons do for fun? Drop their load on innocent peoples’ heads and clothes, for one. But that may turn out a bit nasty for a fun game. Pigeons also like to eat bread crumbs thrown at them. So maybe you can depict Cody walking around, desperately looking for some crumbs. Words are flying across the screen and when typed in completely, the words ‘explode’ into bread crumbs falling on the ground. The longer or more difficult the word, or the faster the word was typed, the more crumbs it will generate. This will partially regenerate Cody’s health bar. Increasing levels will cause the health bar to deplete sooner and faster typing is required to keep Cody alive. If you take that as the basis for the game, you can think of plenty off ‘add-ons’ like bonus words that regenerate Cody’s health completely, or bogus words that will cause his health to further deplete.

You can make the game increasingly more difficult by choosing more difficult words and/or let them pass faster.

Just my random thoughts here... what do you think?
Regards,
RuffNekk

Programming is an art form that fights back.